About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Shower

On January 6th while I was still in Utah, my awesome mom and awesome sister-in-law threw me a great baby shower. It was a crazy night. It had been snowing for 2 days straight and it was a total blizzard. I think my dad, Cody, and Glenn dug 3 of our party guests out of the snow throughout the night. It was insane.
I couldn't believe how many people came in spite of the weather. A lot of my sweet family even drove down from Salt Lake. I get really worried sometimes about being a mom...to those who know you that's absolutely no surprise. It was wonderful to see so many people who love me and love my family and are supportive of this new adventure Glenn and I have started together. It made me feel so grateful for all of the family and friends that I have and a little less like I am on my own in this craziness.
So thanks Mom and Aubry for a perfect baby shower! Here are a few pictures of the evening. I don't have pictures of everyone who came so don't be offended if you came and you're not in a picture!
Opening Presents with my helper Aub. Little man is going to look like such a little stud.


Some of the fam. My Grandma Hansen and Aunt Leslie in the front and my Aunt Sue and cousin Stephanie in the background.
Glenn with my dear gap friend Fairy Morehouse. I'm so glad she made it. I miss working with her. She's such a sweetheart! Glenn had a really good time too. He may not admit it but he loves showers. He loves chatting with people who may not know anyone else to make sure they're all comfortable and he loves seeing all of the fun things people brought for his little boy.
L to R Angie Dustin, mom of one of my former piano students and just a dear heart, Melanie Morris also a sweetie, and Camarie! I finally have a picture of Camarie. This is my little brother Adam's fiance. Yep he's getting hitched on March 14th!
A few of my former Drama students. A couple of others came as well but these are the only ones I have a picture of. L to R Kristen Parker, Krista Saltmarsh, Me, Emma Boyles.
Presents!I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. It's been a very productive couple of weeks since we got back to Texas. Glenn started school again this week so we had all last week to play and get a lot of work done on the nursery when I wasn't at work. I have some fun pictures...I just have to find my camera cord. Also, the little baby ticker at the bottom of my blog says only 24 days to go! Does that sound like a very small amount of time to anyone else?

4 comments:

Croslands said...

Okay I don't want to freak you out but when I saw your ticker I said "holy crap" yep that's what I said. You going to be the best little mom. I am very excited for you both.

Aunt Debi said...

I wish you were having doubles or triples. I don't think one little Angus is going to be enough to keep you busy after working the last 6 of 7 years plus school. Good thing I can come down and keep you busy! I'm still waiting for pictures of the darling nursey.
XO

The Hansen's said...

I was absolutely thrilled to have a shower celebrating YOU! Because you are just so amazing! I was so happy that so many people showed up to support you; again this is because you are wonderful. I can't believe how quickly he is comming! CRazY!!

Calene said...

We love you!! Love the picture of you and the girls. I don't think you know what a huge influence you are/were to my daughter. Maybe one day your little man will have wonderful teachers like you. :)