About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Impressive or just plain gross?

This past Sunday during Sunday School Glenn took Tate into the next room to change his diaper. A minute later he stuck his head around the corner and said, "You have to see this." I went in the other room and there was Tate, soaked from head to toe in his own pee. Glenn was changing him, he started to go while Glenn was reaching for another wipe and the diaper block was just a little too late. Glenn described it as fire hose strength flow. Tate had pee on his face and neck, his sweater vest was soaked as was his dress shirt underneath, and he somehow shot his dad's arm too. Glenn had a streak of pee on his shirt from shoulder to wrist. (Of course the title of this post is relating to the amount of pee, not how we dealt with the situation.) We laughed really hard and then thought, "Hmmm, what do we do now?" I didn't have another outfit or even a onesie to change him into. (Yeah, I'll be doing that again now. For some reason I thought that stage was past.) I thought about just stripping him and taking him to class wearing a diaper and a blanket. So hard to decide which was worse. We couldn't go home because Glenn was teaching Elder's Quorum, in his urine soaked shirt. So we just put his wet shirt back on and I took him to class. I thought to myself as I walked into RS, "What would Grandma Nina say if someone came into RS and sat next to her holding a urine soaked infant?" Oh the horror.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Too funny! I wish that stage was past, too. Two weeks ago Payton had a MAJOR blowout during Sunday school and got it all over him and Brandon. That was fun.

Unknown said...

I'm goin' with impressive...and I've seen some great things in my days of boy raising. And so funny you thought of Grandma Nina, we've said "What would Grandma Nina say" more times than once!

Amberly said...

thr grandma nina comment killed me! what on earth would she have done??

Katelyn & Wade said...

hmmm, i'm going with gross. i would have said, "wade, catch a ride home, me and the little are outta here." course that would have been difficult seeing i just HATE leaving church early.

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! Oh, the joys of little baby boys! Nathan had a blow out at the end of church once and I just wrapped him in a blanket and carried him around in his diaper because I had nothing else. Oh well! And poor Glen teaching EQ soaked with pee! Too funny!

AM said...

awesome!!

Amy Mak said...

That's so funny! My worst was Nelson standing up in the middle of primary and hurling all over himself and the floor. I had no extra clothes and was retching trying to clean up my own child's vomit. A nice lady took pity on me and cleaned it for me! And yeah, I always think I should have more spare clothes in the car but never have enough at the right time.

Aunt Debi said...

That kid must have his Grandpa's bladder and not his dad's!

Janelle said...

No way, I had a Grandma Nina.