About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Day

I am happy this morning because:
-It is spring outside today. Green grass (in some places), bright yellow sunshine, waking up to birds (a mocking bird actually in the tree outside our window. I like the variety of sounds it makes. Glenn does not love it.), a nice morning jog through the beautiful green park. It's warm enough I will probably want the air conditioning on at some point this afternoon. I love spring!
- Tate put his head on my shoulder and snuggled me while I sang to him before his morning nap just now. I know he won't always do this. Some day he will just stop. So every day when he does it I smile inside and try to just soak it in. Before bed time and each nap I hold him and sing a song or two ("when you wish upon a star", "twinkle twinkle", "baby mine", "our love is here to stay", "they can't take that away from me" are my favorites right now) and as soon as I start to sing he plops his head on my shoulder and snuggles me until I lay him down in his crib. It makes me so happy. What a sweet boy I have.
- I have rehearsal tonight for Savior of the World. We're doing the second act in my stake and will be performing the Thursday and Friday before conference. We've been rehearsing just once a week for a couple of months and since it's coming up in a few weeks we're starting rehearsals during the week. I love it. It's fun to be around the people in the play. It's fun to sing and act again. It's fun to have something that I do to look forward to.

It's a happy day.

3 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Tato is one sweet boy. When I tried to sing to Mckenzie she would cry. At least Tato knows beautiful music when he hears it. I'm sure excited for your play. You will be wonderful! Mom

Sarah Shelley said...

I'm excited for you doing Savior of the World! I got to do it twice at the Conference Center. It is such a wonderful piece to be a part of. It's one of those things that is completely different when you are in rather than just seeing it.

Croslands said...

Sounds like a pretty great day. That's awesome that you are in Savior of the World. Take pictures!