About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome Home Mallory

Tate and I spent the last week and a half in Utah to welcome my sister, his Aunt Mallory home from her mission in Rome. It was a wonderful trip. Glenn decided at the last minute to fly out for a few days as well. It was wonderful to be home with my whole family again.
Mal was supposed to come home on Friday the 8th but because of some mechanical problems was stuck in Paris for the night (poor poor her), and arrived home late on Saturday.
We spent the extra day without her cleaning the house. Tate even pitched in.
And decorated the house and yard for her return.
Then we drove to up to the airport to wait for her. Finally, after days of travel and delays she made it. Just as lovely as ever. Here is Mal meeting Tate for the first time. I was just a few months pregnant with Tate when I saw her last.
Tate and Mya took a few minutes to warm up to Auntie Mallo. I love that in these pictures they are both staring at the camera with wary expressions.
Getting some Auntie Mallory snuggles back home the next day.
Mal and I had a great time doing TONS of shopping for her new, post-mission wardrobe. It was a blast. Shopping, talking, trying things on day after day. We did some serious catching up and it was perfect. We were joined on different excursions by Aubry and also Mom and Kenzie. So much great girl time.
Mal and I also went on daily jogs together. I'd forgotten how nice it is to have someone to chat with and to keep you going. Very nice. I was awful bored with just my ipod again this morning.
Tate spent plenty of time with Nanna, Grampa, Auntie Kenzie, and of course, cousin Mya. He got so excited when she would come over. He'd run down the hall saying her name over and over. Two different mornings he woke up and the first word he said was, "Mya". They played so well together. They played with marbles, danced to Auntie Kenzie's music, and just chased each other around and laughed at each other. It was so much fun to watch our kiddos enjoying each other.
Of course, I enjoyed loving up my two littlest nieces. I mean, who wouldn't love spending time with these two precious faces.
It was so fun to spend so much time with Mallory last week. She is so sweet and fun to be around, and it's just wonderful to have my sister back. Now at least I can call her whenever I want. It's great.

Thanks for another fabulous trip family. We miss you all!

2 comments:

Sarah Shelley said...

I thought we saw you running. Were you out on Saturday morning running by the hospital? I told Stewart (while we were on our way to the hospital to have a baby) "I think that was Kim Makechnie!" He said "Doesn't she live in Texas or something...?" and I said "Yeah but she visits her family sometimes." So, anywho....glad that you had a good trip and that Mallorie is home safe!

The Hansen's said...

We miss you so much already!!!
It was so so so much fun to have you and your sweet boys here. I loved all the time we go to spend; shopping, chatting, and watching our little ones play (that just made me so happy to see them together). My little girls couldn't ask for a more amazing auntie, we love you so much! I miss that cute little Tate, please give him a big squeeze for me.
Love you guys!