About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Cael's Party, Harry Potter, and a love song.

We said goodbye to some great friends last week. The Gardners finished packing up and moved out to Denver. Steve was asked to transfer there and they decided to go just a couple months ago and it was way too fast...and I did not approve. We miss them already. Jen is a great friend. She helped me so much this past year. Adjusting to living here, watching Tate, crafting play dates. I just love her. And Cael and Tate were little buddies. Last week Tate went to Cael's birthday party. They had a slip and slide in the back yard and you'd think it was Christmas. Here's Cael trying it out.All the kids had so much fun. Jen set up a little slide they could climb up at the front of the slip and slide to give the littles a bit of momentum on the slip and slide. AND there were these great squirt guns that Tate couldn't quite figure out but loved nonetheless.It was a huge hit. Thanks for the fun party Gardners. We miss you guys!

It's been far too long ago now but our Harry Potter evening simply must be documented. My friend Janelle, who lives in Austin, and I have been talking for months about how to get together to see the last HP midnight movie. It seemed like we just couldn't make it work out and then at the very last minute she had quite a nice reason to come down here. She heard about a quilting store closing down here so she made the trip and we hit up a fabulous sale. Everything was super cheap and I seriously stocked up. Thanks for the tip Janelle! The store was crazy crowded, the lines were crazy long, and the kids held up quite nicely in spite of the cramped spaces and the heat. Man, was it hot in there. Here are the three kiddos camped out in the corner (we took turns supervising and shopping). The photo shamelessly stolen from Janelle's blog. Thanks Janelle...

Then that night we snuck off to see the movie. It was so fun to be out with Janelle and to have a good friend to be nerdy with. No, we didn't dress up, but we hoped to make fun of those who did. Unfortunately, there were very very few. But we had a great time anyway. The movie was great. I quite enjoyed it. There were parts that brought me close to tears (I know, I know. But that poor Snape is just so sad.) and I found myself very satisfied at the end. They did a great job wrapping up this story and legacy and I'm really glad we saw it!

And this video, as random and poorly done as it is, is just for my momma. Because she doesn't care how random and poorly done they are, she just wants to hear Tate's voice. The other night I sang "So this is love" from Cinderella, to Tate before bed and for the next 15 minutes we heard him singing over and over, "so this is love, mmmmmm, so this is love, mmmmm." it was so cute. I tried to catch a few rounds from the bathroom next to his room but this is all we got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim I'm glad you went to see the midnight premiere. It must have been perfect for you to get out! UHHH ok that bideo is so stinkin cute! I love that little boy!

Debi said...

I need to hear Tato sing this a couple of times a day. He is so sweet.