About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Changes

Today was a big day. I took Tate to my OB appointment this morning. We had a really long wait so he got super antsy, but he's been sick again this week (bronchitis this time) so I didn't feel like I could pass him off to anyone. We've been reading books lately about new babies and he remembered from past appointments and books that when the nurse puts the "microphone" up to my tummy we can hear baby brother's heartbeat. This time he sat really still, listened to the swishing sound, then started mimicking it from across the room. It was really funny. The nurse just smiled.

Today my Dr. gave me some GREAT news. I'm trying not to get my hopes up...but I am getting my hopes up. She's going to be gone a few days before Christmas until a few days after new years so she may let me be induced as early as December 21st. I'm thrilled. I love to plan so very much and having that date as a possibility and all that entails (planning early for Christmas, being home from the hospital for Christmas day, not having the possibility of giving birth on Christmas day, knowing when to ask for help with Tate, etc.) makes me very happy. There are a lot of reasons the Dr. is willing to let me go that early. It's 10 days before my due date but little boy is measuring a week and a half ahead of schedule and she says considering Tate was so large this guy would be very big if we let him go full term. I hope that can stay the plan. I love having a plan!

I spent all morning just elated at having a plan and having so many concerns taken away. Then there have been a few melancholy moments this afternoon. Realizing that our time as a threesome is quickly coming to a close makes me a little panicked. And at the same time I can't wait to see and hold this little boy, introduce him to his big brother, watch his daddy love him to bits, snug his possibly tiny body. I'm so excited that Tate will be the big kid and get to help and be the example to this little guy...and at the same time I'm mourning the loss of my first little baby boy. He's not a baby anymore and that fact is really in my face this week.
Tonight is his first night in his new room. His room is now painted (thank you Glenn) and has a big boy twin bed and a little dresser of his own. A few other things need to be hung and finished up, but his little body is in that big bed tonight and that makes me...pretty sad. He's excited about his new room, which makes it easier. I'm going to have to figure out how bed time songs are going to go. There has got to be some snuggling during the songs. Tonight I missed the snuggling in the rocking chair during song time. It's my sweet snug time with my not so little boy and I'm going to figure out a way to keep the snugs coming even though he's in his big bed.

Lots of mixed feelings today which I'm sure are going to be tumbling around in my brain for a while. I know this all comes with the territory. I know it will all work out as it should and we'll be a very happy foursome in the end. Right now, I'm missing the way my little tiny baby Tate looked in his great big crib. I swear it's like someone pushed a very fast forward button the moment we became parents and all we can do is try out best to savor the moments as they fly by.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I soo hear you on the fast forward button...but problem is that it doesn't slow down!!! My teeny tiny's will be 12 in Jan. :( I remember crazy well when they came to visit the twins, their hands were HUGE!!! lol But siblings are the best, so there is soo much to look forward to. Enjoy the next few weeks. :)

Tiffany said...

I was bummed about our rocking chair moments too. So we got a poang chair from ikea. They are cheap, they bounce & don't take up a lot of space. I used it in our room when Charlotte first came home w/ a pillow behind my back & a small ottoman for my feet, it was great. Now it's in Jilli's room perfect for cuddling & bouncing two little people.

Good luck finding what works for your little guys!!!!

Amy Mak said...

Yes...I really get this. It is all so bittersweet. Can't wait to meet the little babe soon. What a funny, sweet, handsome older brother he has. I can't wait to hear Tate's observations. Best of luck as you go into the final weeks!

Janelle said...

I love that you have a plan!!! YAY for plans! I hope these next few weeks go well and that little boy #2 doesn't weigh much more than Tater. Those 2nd babies have a tendancy to do that. So look out!
Love ya! Miss ya!