About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 21, 2013

A bunch of Sickies

It's been a rough month at the Makechnie house, health-wise.  Here's a wee run down:
- Finn cut 4 molars.  It was loud.
- Tate got a stomach bug, again.  He threw up all day then we gave him zofran and he slowly got better.
- Finn got an ear infection, and an eye infection on the same side of his head.  The whole right side of his face was swollen.  It was sad and also kind of funny.
- Tate got an ear infection.

And the grand finale, Glenn got an ear infection among other things.  It was a solid week and a half of feeling gross for Glenn.  He went to instacare a few days in and got some meds but he never really slowed down, so he never really got all the way better.  
Then last Tuesday I get a call from Kurtus, a friend of his at work.  (We actually know their family from BYU and then UT and now they work together.)  Kurtus told me that Glenn called him to come up and give him a blessing.  By the time he got to Glenn's office, he found Glenn face down on the floor unable to move at all.  He was severely dizzy and felt like he couldn't move or stand up because he didn't have the balance.  They called an ambulance and the paramedics had to lift Glenn onto the gurney because he couldn't even roll over.  
I met them at the hospital downtown.  He was on a lot of meds and starting to feel better.  He had vertigo, probably brought on by his ear infection which made its' way to his inner ear and affected his equilibrium.  After he could walk a bit they sent us home with some meds and very little advice or information.  I was frustrated.  Please don't send me home with my broken honey without very specific instructions on how to un-break him!
Tuesday was rough.  Wednesday morning he woke up saying that he felt entirely better.  He went to work for most of the day Thursday and then on Friday he played in the Newfield Volleyball tournament all day long.  Even after an ER visit, you just can't keep Glenn down long, especially if he's feeling better.
It's always scary when Glenn gets really sick.  Getting a phone call saying he's being taken to the ER in an ambulance was not my favorite.  He's always the one taking care of us, so it's scary when he down and out.  Luckily, he really is all better now.  Once he finished his meds for his ear infection and that was taken care of, he hasn't had any problems.  I hope it never happens again, it sounds horrible.
Another luckily, in this month of yuck is that I haven't been sick. Wow, that would have made it all much harder.  
Glad it's over.  We all seem to be healthy now and hopefully we can keep it that way!  We have a lot of playing planned this summer and we have no time for being sick!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I still can't believe the EMTs had to pick him up and put him on the gurney. That must have been one sick fella. Glad you're all doing better!

Debi said...

It's been a hard start to summer for the Makechnie's! I'm so happy you are all feeling better. You better keep some of that med around for Tate to take when I come just in case.

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Poor Glenn! I had an ear infection at the beginning of the year that gave me vertigo. Luckily I was at home and could just lay in bed. But I could NOT open my eyes or I'd want to throw up from the room being off balance so much. So I definitely feel for him. Glad everyone is better!