About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Weeks 25 and 26

I missed a week for the first time ever!  It's going to be really hard to keep track of all of the weeks during repat but I'm going to do my best.
Last week I was in NYC for picture Tuesday.  It was the first time I'd left the babes overnight and it was heavenly to get away for a few days.  Glenn had a crazy weekend and Amy, Gregor and company helped him out so much.  Glenn ended up catching strep so he wasn't feeling great for most of the time.  I was so glad that he had plenty of help loving our little kids while I was away.
I need to post an update on NYC, New Hampshire, and Boston but that will have to wait until I get home and upload all of my pics from my camera.  For now here's an update on our little ladies.
Kenna and Taryn have been such good travelers this week.  Last Wednesday after they turned 25 weeks old Glenn drove the kids down to pick me up in Boston and we stayed with Brendaen and Jill for our last few days on the East Coast.  They slept really well and were so adored by their cousins.  It was such a great stay with the Makechnies.  They were all so kind and helpful, as always, and just loved all of our little kids.  It's so endearing to be around people who love our kids.  And to see our kids love them back.  It's such a recharge for the soul to be around family like that after being away for so long and living in difficult circumstances.  
Here's their picture Tuesday for 25 weeks.  This is a picture that Glenn sent me while he was feeding both little girls at once.  He's amazing.  Which I knew.  
 And one with Grandma Heather and Grandpa Arthur.
Taryn and Kenna have been a little more out of sorts this week.  Taryn has been a bit stuffed up and extra drooly and Kenna has been fevery on an off and just generally not feeling well.  It's sad to see them not feeling their best but we think that they're teething and hopefully after those little teeth poke through they will be feeling better soon. Taryn is starting to scootch around a lot more.  She can turn around on her little belly and roll around like crazy.  Kenna can get around more as well but she generally chooses to just hold still and watch what's going on around her. Auntie Cami and Auntie Aubry lined up all the Hansen girl cousins yesterday and took this cute picture of them all.  Man, we make cute little girls!
Taryn had her EKG and Echo-cardiogram today at primary children's hospital and she was a champ and held very still.  They told us in Saudi that when she had an echo she would need to be sedated!  I'm so glad we came and got some tests done here.  The cardiologist was very sweet and explained everything really clearly.  Her heart murmur is really slight and shouldn't affect her life at all.  We just have to keep an eye on it in case it gets more severe.  Right now it's in the lower end of the mild zone so she's not very worried and that makes me so happy.  I love my little girlies.
Here are the girls 26 weeks old!

2 comments:

Laura Weight said...

I'm glad taryns test came back good! Vera had to have tests about a year ago or so for the same thing. It is a bit concerning when the dr tells you your child has a heart murmur. Our pediatrician said its common for little kids to have one and they out grow it? Anyway, such a relief I'm sure, it's always good to get a second opinion (no matter where you live). Such an insane time you guys had with sickness! You are champs!

Laura Weight said...

I'm glad taryns test came back good! Vera had to have tests about a year ago or so for the same thing. It is a bit concerning when the dr tells you your child has a heart murmur. Our pediatrician said its common for little kids to have one and they out grow it? Anyway, such a relief I'm sure, it's always good to get a second opinion (no matter where you live). Such an insane time you guys had with sickness! You are champs!