About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Picture Tuesday, weeks 43 and 44

Kenna and Taryn were a little bit sick again last week.  Finn had a fever on the Friday after Thanksgiving, the day that we celebrated Thanksgiving, and they started getting mild fevers for a few days and coughs as well right after he did.  It wasn't too bad.  I had a pretty awful fever for a few days and felt miserable.  Tate and Glenn have yet to catch anything.  I hope that we're all getting it out of our systems before our trip to Germany next week!  I also hope that we have enough warm clothes to keep our little babies cozy and happy in the freezing temps!
This week Taryn cut her first front tooth and her second is VERY close to coming through as well.  That means she's got nearly four teeth and Kenna has yet to cut a single one.
They're both getting a little more snuggly and playful which makes for such a fun stage.  They're starting to lean backwards if they want us to let them fall backwards and then catch them.  They'll lean in and raise their chins for kisses that tickle in their necks.  When it's nap time and I sing them songs they'll lean their heads on my shoulder and sometimes when they're tired or just being sweet they'll snuggle their heads under our chins.  It makes my heart sing to have some tangible way to know that they love us as much as we love them.  They make the cutest little babbling sounds that make me think I'll almost be sad when they start saying real words because their little babbles are just so beautiful.
We have our Christmas tree up, the train on the ground and presents around the tree too.  For the most part they just ignore that entire corner of the family room.  Once in a while they crawl toward it and hesitantly check it out, usually with lots of glances over their shoulders at me.  When I tell them "no, don't touch", 9 times out of 10, they sit back on their haunches, pause for a minute, and then crawl away.  Sometimes they reach for it a few times before they crawl away, and once in a while I have to get up and redirect them but honestly, it's pretty astounding how often they just turn around and explore somewhere else.  How did we get such sweet little babies?!  It's awesome!
Here are our little darlings at 43 weeks:  Selfie mode is the only way I can get these babes to mostly hold still lately!


 Finn was dying to get in on the picture action.
 and Glenn took these for me today for 44 weeks:



2 comments:

Janelle said...

Your kids and their tongues! I love it! They are all so precious :-) I miss you.

Devony said...

All of these are so darling! I'm so glad they're starting to show their love for you! Make sure you record those babbles because you will miss it like crazy when they stop!