About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Craft Fair!

A friend in my ward makes cute little headbands and hairbows and we've been trying to work out doing a craft fair booth together for a few months so we could see how our things would sell. Last week she called me and told me she was going to be out of town and had just signed up for a booth in a holiday fair and asked me if I wanted to do it alone. I was super excited and asked my boss if I could have the day off but it didn't work out. So I was telling Glenn that I had this opportunity but that I had to work and he said, "I'll do it." I just looked at him and said, "Seriously?" Yep, he was serious. So I got to work sewing every night after work trying to build up my "inventory". By Saturday I had quite a nice little spread. It turns out my friend didn't have to go out of town but she had a sick little girl and it was a "cold" day so she brought over her things and Glenn said he would sell them as well. He's the best.
I wasn't sure what to expect because my little website is pretty slow but I was pleasantly surprised. The holiday fair was a HUGE deal and tons of people loved my things. We gave out a lot of our little homemade business cards and sold a lot of fun things too. Glenn was quite the little salesman. He had a blast talking to people and talking up our "product". He texted me several times during the day and said how our things were the cutest things at the fair. I really wish I was there to see him in action. Every time I tried to call him on my break at work or after I got off he was too busy to talk to me. It was hilarious. What kind of a husband would sacrifice all day on a Saturday to sit at a craft fair and sell fluffy little baby things? The best kind! He was totally into it and I think he also loved all of the people telling him what a good guy he was for doing this for his wife. He is such a sweetheart and I am so glad we had the chance to see how that venue would work for us. Here are some pix of our little practice set up the night before. Thanks again my sweetie! You're the best.
A couple more carseat canopies. Glenn actually picked out most of the cute new fabric. He made sure to point that out to customers when they complimented the cute patterns.
On another note, our nursery is entirely painted and touched up! We're still in the process of all of the furniture set up so I'll post more comprehensive pictures when that phase is complete. For now, however, here's a little teaser because my mom's been asking for a nursery update. Here you go mom. Much love.

7 comments:

Amberly said...

way to go mr. makechnie!! I think you should sign him up for the next craft fair! your stuff is darling kim!

Aunt Debi said...

Great job Glenn! And darling nursery! I can't wait to see everything set up all ready for my cubby little Angus!

Glenn Makechnie said...

I definitely lost a corner of my Man Card on Saturday.

JoAnn said...

I love the car seat covers, way cute.

Croslands said...

Oh my gosh so much to say. First, the nursery wall is soooo cute! I can't wait to see more later. Second, Glenn is soooo cute! He is hilarious and I can actually see him talking up your stuff. I think you should send him every time. Quite the salesman.
Third, do you have stuff fat enough for mags? I would like a skirt and onsie in like 18month size. Do you have that available for Hawaii? I like your light blue stuff to match her eyes. Let me know what you got.

Stephen & Kendra said...

What's your website? I love your stuff, super cute. This is your cousin Kendra by the way. Leave a comment on my blog so I can check it out and buy some stuff. nicolaysenandco.blogspot.com. Thanks! Good to hear about your fun life. Kendra

JoAnn said...

Okay, I saw the best idea and you could make some easily and I think they would sell. They are napkin/bib holders for kids when your out, so you never have to carry a bib with you. It is just a ribbon or piece of material with two clips on each end. You put it around the childs neck and then clip a napkin to it, when your done throw away the napkin and put the clip in your purse for next time. I loved the idea, just thought you might too.