About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving back East!

We had a wonderful holiday/ vacation with Glenn's family in Boston, MA and Andover, NH. Everyone was so sweet to feed us and put us up for the week and we had a GREAT time. We've put together a top ten list of our trip. It's rather lengthy. Enjoy!

1. Glenn's family being sealed together in the Boston, Massachusettes temple. Glenn's dad recently received his endowments and the boys and parents were able to be sealed together in the temple on Tuesday, November 25th. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had to see all of those grown up boys around their parents being sealed together forever. It was absolutely beautiful. I'm also glad that our little boy was able to be there...sort of.
2. The after-sealing luncheon. We went to the Weston, MA chapel and had a nice lunch with lots of family and friends. A few of whom I hadn't previously met. Arthur presented the haggis in true Scottish tradition. Little Nelson carried it with pride to its' place on the table and Arthur's brother Norm made the first cut.

Then there was the Mother and Father of the family shoving haggis in each other's faces. Personally, it made me a little queasy just thinking about the contents of the beast.

The grandkids sang "I love to see the temple" and "Families can be together forever" and Brendaen put together a beautiful film of Arthur, Heather, and the family throughout the years. I want a copy!
3. Thanksgiving day...sort of. I had to be back to work for "Black Friday" so Glenn and I had to fly out on Thursday. The whole family moved Thanksgiving dinner to Wednesday so we could all be there together. Wasn't that sweet of them? Gregor and Amy hosted and their house was stuffed with amazing food (as usual) and lots of family, again some who I had not previously met. It was wonderful to see and spend a little time with all of the family that we don't see nearly often enough. 4. Spending time at Brendaen and Jill's house. They were kind enough to let us crash there for the majority of our trip. It was so much fun to be with them and their little girls. They have four little ones and we had a blast together! We even got to babysit for just a little bit while they went out on a date night. So much fun!
This is my new little neice Grace. She's such a happy baby. She's in a little outfit I made for her when she was born. Isn't she precious?
5. Spending time with these amazing ladies. I have amazing sisters-in-law. They are full of great advice on how to be a mommy and how to deal with our Makechnie men, which I really appreciate. They are absolutely fabulous mothers. They've raised, or are in the process of raising 8 little kids among them and they are all very smart, creative, and well-mannered. Plus, these ladies are just plain fun to be around!
Amy Makechnie (Gregor's wife and Cope, Nelson, Brynne, and Paige's mom), Me, Jill Makechnie (Brendaen's wife and Hailey, Chloe, Ella, and Grace's mom)

6. Seeing Glenn's friends. Glenn has some great buddies and we were lucky enough to have time to get together. We went out to a nice restaurant, visited Loren and Emily's house, saw Dan's bachelor pad in downtown Boston and the enormous ship that he works on in the Coast Guard. Good times! Glenn already posted fun pictures of this get-together.
7. The air hockey tournament. Little air hockey table in the basement + Glenn, his brothers, and awesome nephew Nelson = good times.
8. Card games. We played pounce around the table after dinner for a little while. I always knew Glenn was competitive but I guess I never really understood where it all came from. His family are all so sweet. Then we add a table, some cards, and an objective and look out! At one point I beat Heather to a card that we both needed to play and she threatened, jokingly of course, to throw her card and slit my neck. I just looked at my sweet neice Cope who was my partner for the game and she said, "I don't think Grandma would really do that."
9. The following conversation with my little neice Ella, age 3 1/2:
Ella: (looking and pointing at my tummy) Are you going to have a baby?
Me: Yes I am.
Ella: Are you going to have a boy baby or a girl baby?
Me: A boy baby.
Ella: (With a distressed look on her face) Please have a girl baby Kim. Please PLEASE!
Me: I'll try honey. I'm not sure if I know how to do that at this point.
Ella: How about two. One boy and one girl baby.
Me: That might be a little trickier.
Ella: Please have two Kim. Please PLEASE!
10. First class seats on the way home. Our seats weren't together so Glenn asked the lady at the desk if there were two seats together that we could switch to. She just said yes and handed us two first class tickets. I've never sat in first class before. Super comfy chairs with tons of room, unlimited refills on drinks in real glasses (Glenn's favorite I think), tomato basil soup, paninis and warm cookies, free headphones to watch "Mamma Mia" which we had yet to see...what's not to love?
Thanks again all for a wonderful trip!

4 comments:

Glenn Makechnie said...

Wow, my wife is H.O.T.!!

The Hansen's said...

Glenn, I must agree! Kimmy, you are lookin' so fantastic! Cute little prego belly. I'm glad you had a good trip, what fun.

Croslands said...

That looks like a great trip. I love that Heather said she would slit your throat. That made me laugh out loud. I want to come play cards at their house sometime just to see the fun.
Grace is oh so cute and the outfit only made her better!
You look teeny tiny. Can't wait to see you guys!

The Hunt's said...

Oh my, I think that #10 would have been my #1! Can you imagine how luxurious it would be to get to fly first class all the time? What a dream! You're finally starting to get a cute little belly! I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks! How are you feeling??