About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pictures, Swimming, and Strawberries

Hooray for internet in my apartment. We've had a lot of fun events in the past week so this post will be lengthy again!
Picture Tuesday: 12 weeks old. "Watching" the Celtics with Dad.
This week, 13 weeks old trying on hats at the Strawberry Festival.
Busy week. We are completely moved in now and Tate and I have been exploring a little bit, with the help of our GPS of course. I am constantly amazed at how fast I can get lost here. Too many freeways, , streets with names instead of numbers, no mountains to help me get my bearings, bad combination. It is getting a little easier though.
We took Tate swimming for the first time this last week. He wasn't sure about the cold water at first but once he got in all the way he seemed to like it just fine. There is something about little tiny bodies in little tiny swimming suits that it just SO CUTE!
We love our apartment pool. It's really big and very nice. And best of all, it hasn't been busy at all yet.
Tate eating his favorite snack after swimming. Yum
Glenn decided to join in.
I'm sure glad my little man likes to swim. I love swimming and it will be so great to go swimming together this summer when it gets wicked hot!
In an effort to experience the local culture Glenn and I ventured to a fair this past weekend. We heard about the Pasadena Strawberry Festival on the news and it looked like fun so we decided to check it out. Wow, so glad we did. Just walking around and watching people, looking at the strange new food, seeing the funny things people were selling, was so worth it. They had all sorts of fun events to see. Little girls with huge hair who belted out country songs, a lot of food contests (ribs, chili, barbecue, fajitas), pig racing, a mud volleyball tournament, strawberry eating contests, they even had a gator show. I think my favorite was the mutton bustin'. Little tiny kids ride on sheep and are judged on how good the ride was and how long they stayed on. It was so fun to watch. Tate was more interested in sucking on his front pack.
The food at this fair was like nothing Glenn or I had ever seen before. We really walked around, read food signs, pointed them out to each other, and laughed. Then people would walk away from the stands with their food and we would see what these foods looked like and laughed again. Amazing. They had several fried foods that just should not be fried. We saw fried oreos, fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fried twinkies, I mean seriously people. Who thought that up?
They had several stands of cajun food and Glenn decided to try crawfish for the first time. The only amount listed on the menu was 3 pounds of crawfish. Glenn asked if he could get some in a smaller amount and the little lady said, "No, it just comes in 3 pounds. I can finish that much easy. You won't have any problem." Well, not exactly the point...but thanks for the vote of confidence. So here is Glenn with his 3 pounds of crawfish. Yum.
This festival is also the home of the largest strawberry shortcake in the world. It was really big. It was yummy too.

All in all, a very fun afternoon.

Well, that was a long post. Here's one last picture from today. Tate and I went to visit Glenn at his work during his lunch break. Here is the big man himself in his very own office. Oh man, I feel so grown up. My husband works in this office and wears an oxford and dress pants every day. Wierd.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

An office with a window and a sweet view of the city? Very nice! Love the deep fried PB&J - did ya'll try anything?

Aunt Debi said...

Look's like life is good. What a fun huge pool. I hope it stays that empty. Tatie is so cute I can't stand it! Glenn's office looks pretty nice. I hope you find fun things to do during the day to keep busy exploring. Call Jennifer and Steve.

Amy Mak said...

Thanks for update - cute cute Tate? When do we get to see this little man? Little girls with big hair, mutton racin', and deep fried P&J? You guys are living large!

The Hansen's said...

I too am so thrilled that you now have internet in your apt. Now I can see all these new pics! Tate, you are getting more and more handsome I can't even stand it! Glenn your office is awesome, go you! And the strawberry festival looks like more fun that should be had :) Those crawfish are kinda scary lookin' and I love seafood. Yikes. Oh, PS. Happy day on friday!

The Hunt's said...

Yay for exploring a new spot! Double Yay for the worlds biggest strawberry shortcake. Double sick for fried twinkies!

Unknown said...

Such cute boys!!! And one hot little mama! Glad you are finding some adventures.

natabird said...

Wow! What a year you guys have had. Tate is so darling. Happy birthday last week. I hope you had a good one. Good luck finding your way around your new city.

Croslands said...

Sounds like you guys are really settled. I'm glad that Tate likes the pool, it will make the summer a lot of fun.