About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Adventures of Man Boy

I have a little baby boy, AND I have a Man Boy. He's like my very own super hero. Part Man. Part Boy. His manliness is in abundance when there are sporting events to be watched, played, or discussed at length. He can sense in the air when I am about to have an emotional breakdown and his great big man hugs are the best medicine there is. His part Man kicks in big time when it is time to lift heavy things, do his school work, fix things around the home, exercise, or discuss serious things like politics.
However, my very own Man Boy also has the ability to not only behave as, but to actually become a boy of around 6 or 7. When he plays with Tate's new giant legos (thanks Aunt Sue) he builds airplanes complete with machine guns and bombs that drop (with sound effects of course). When he reads to Tate he uses character voices that are so animated it makes Tate giggle. His part boy also comes out when endlessly quoting movies or sometimes at night when we just can't stop making eachother laugh long enough to go to sleep.
This Christmas a new adventure began for my Man Boy. I found what I believe to be the best present I have found for him yet. A remote control helicopter. I knew that he had always wanted a remote control airplane. I thought this small, inexpensive one would be sort of a joke and a fun way to get him started. Little did I know that this toy would bring out the Boy in my Man Boy more than anything I have seen in quite some time. My Man Boy plays with his helicopter until it runs out of battery, charges it, then plays with it again. He sends it zooming around the room, chasing after our poor terrified dog Rosie, carefully sailing it around corners, through openings, and landing it on small pre-determined locations. "Look Hon, I'm going to land it on the ceiling fan blade." And then he does. It's very durable which is excellent considering all of the crashing that went into the development of his considerable skill. Plus, it makes great crashing noises. A friend of ours from our ward received a helicopter for Christmas too. They're talking about getting together and setting up an obstacle course. I have no doubt that that plan will soon come to fruition.


Man Boy was so pleased with his helicopter that he asked his wife to take him to the place where she bought it. Just to see what other kinds they had. My Man Boy then discovered this model. It is just as easy to fly but flies MUCH faster. "Now I can fly this one while the other is charging!" he exclaimed. And he does. Oh how I love my Man Boy.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

that is hilarious!

Amy Mak said...

I'm laughing...that is so funny!

The Hansen's said...

I love that he is expanding his fleet! Can't wait to hear about his adventures with the neighbor 'boy'.