About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dear Powers that Be,

I am happy right now. My life is pretty fine.
Of course there are still things I would change if I could. There are things that are just hard and times when I worry my little head until I just have to kneel down and pray. There are things that are stressful and make me cry on occasion. But I think there will always be a few of those and, overall, I consider this to be a darn good time in my life. My husband is healthy (a clean bill of health from his doctor yesterday after another round of tests!) and there were times in the last year when I wasn't sure if and when that would happen. There were times I thought I might lose him. So these days, knowing he's mine and that he's healthy makes me enormously happy. I love my man. I love my little man too and feel lucky that he is also healthy and happy. We love eachother and love being together. Glenn works hard at the incredible university he attends and has an amazing job waiting. We have a beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood. I have friends and am involved in activities that allow me to not only take care of my family, which I really enjoy, but also improve myself and develop my talents. There's just so much to be grateful for.
I realize that thinking this about my life, let alone actually recording it, means that I will probably bring some great and terrible trial upon myself. I also know that there are a few inevitable changes in my immediate future, but for now, they seem do-able and I am happy. Basically, Powers that Be, I know that changes are coming. I know because life is so good right now and usually that's a signal for some hard times ahead. Could I just ask one little thing?
Please be gentle.

5 comments:

Joni said...

Oh Kim. You are awesome. What a great post. I'm happy to know that you're happy!

Amy Mak said...

Love your post. You're like me - I always think if things are too good that something awful must be looming around the corner. Hmm. We are blessed, huh?

The Kelly Variety said...

Please be gentle. . .I'll have to use that one in my prayers. I like it!

The Hansen's said...

I completely agree on few points made here... first, how completely amazing and wonderful you are! Second, how very blessed we are and I too am always wondering when the crash is going to happen. :) And third, I love you and hope that all of us are treated gently when it does happen. Love you so much!!!

Aunt Debi said...

I like to think that we are blessed because we are obedient. Hard times come but we can handle them because we are tough. Glenn's recovery was the fastest answer to prayer I have ever had. He is definately my record. Thanks Glenn.