About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

In the Heights

For Valentine's Day Glenn got us tickets to see In the Heights. Our tickets were for this Tuesday and it was awesome. I forget how powerful it is to listen to singers who perform an entire show without missing a single note. Without a single crack or being a tiny bit off key. My jaw was on the floor the whole night. It was phenomenal. I've been listening to the sound track for a long time and was so happy to finally see the show. The actors who played Nina and Benny were way better than the sound track and were my personal favorites. The show is about a Latin American neighborhood in New York. The characters are from the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba and they're all trying to figure out how they fit in here. For the younger generation, coming to the US was not their choice and they wish they could go back to where their family came from in hopes of fitting in there. It's about finding where your home is and what it means to be home. The music, the rhythm, the sass...I was wishing I was Latina, or black...or just some other color than my own light peach all night long. It's not a serious life-changing message like Les Mis but it was one of the most fun shows I've seen in a long time and it also made me think about my own situation and what it means to be home wherever you are.

After the show Glenn and I waited at the stage door and got autographs and pictures. Yep, just like a little kid. I'm glad we did. It was fun to see them in person. I felt like a giant next to the tiny actresses. They looked small on stage but wow were they ever tiny in person.
Thanks for a fabulous date night honey! And thanks to the Jenkins who watched Tate-o so we could have a fun date night!

1 comment:

Krista Hemsley said...

I LOVE In the Heights!!!! I'm oober jealous you got to go!