About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting Ready

We are getting the house ready to put on the market. We have been for the last couple of weeks. Here is our list of completed tasks:
- Re-grout kitchen sink and master shower (done by Glenn while I was in Utah)
- Fix holes in back yard fence. (Also Glenn.)
- Get carpets cleaned.
- Finish paperwork for realtor
- Meet with Stager who gave us a massive list, some of which we intended to complete.
- Rearrange furniture in dining room, family room, living room
- Get tree trimmer to trim all large trees in front yard.
- Buy rug for living room, lamps for bedside tables, pillows for couch, and a shower caddy.
- Take paintings we have been putting of framing to craft store to get custom frames made during 50% off sale. (Apparently we need to hang art where a few of our family pictures are currently hung. Who wants to see that a real family lives here anyway?)
- Cut down three large bushes in front of house, fill space with lots of soil, plant flowers and an herb garden.
- New mulch around trees in front yard.
- Clean out blankets from linen cupboards and pack away in the garage. (to make cupboards look more spacious or something)
- Clean clothes that are out of season of out of closet and pack away in the garage.
- Clean out and organize kitchen pantry.
- Have last minute yardsale to sell some of the results of our cleaning out.
- Thoroughly clean house.

All done. I'm tired.
Tomorrow a photographer is coming to take pictures of our home and then within a couple of days I guess we'll be in business. I've been dreading this process. I love our home. So many wonderful memories here. I know we have to move on. I know we'll be happy where we end up in Houston and then Pennsylvania and then wherever. But right now I'm feeling stubborn. And tired. And grumpers. I'm comfy here. Especially now that my house looks so amazing!

6 comments:

Amberly said...

such a bummer you have to leave it after you put so much work into it! it sounds great, though... nice job!!

Amy Mak said...

I'm so impressed! So much work. To make money you have to spend money...isn't that what they say? Good job. I'm sure it's beautiful.

Aunt Debi said...

It's so weird to me that we hire people to come change our home and spend money that we wouldn't spend to make it look nice for somebody we don't know. But . . . whatever gets you into a new house! Great job guys!

Elise and Cameron said...

I totally feel your pain. We just went through that whole process with our house in CT last year. Add the 1 and 3-year-old tornados and the whole experience was just great! But, we survived, and I know you will too! :) Good Luck with everything! I hope it sells quickly!

The Hansen's said...

I was a little overwhelmed when I read your to-do list and I'm not even the one that had to do the work! Way to go you! What a busy time you've had but I'm sure you have done such a super job, you always do things 110%. Love you and hope it goes well.

Liz said...

You have been busy, Kim! Geez. It's not fair that when you're selling your house it looks cleaner and more organized than it ever did when you lived in it. Hmph. Now... take it easy and go eat some Rudy's for me.