About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Callister Reunion

Tate and I just got back from a marathon vacation. Three vacations in one. It was spectacular. I think I'll write about them one at a time so it's not too overwhelming.
Glenn joined us for the first two weeks which started with my mom's Callister family reunion in McCall, Idaho. I'd been there once before when I was really young but I'd forgotten how gorgeous it is there. I couldn't stop thinking how much that peaceful little town by the lake reminded me of many places I've seen in New England. There were tons of beautiful ponderosa pine trees, a huge gorgeous lake to swim in, camping with tons of family members. It was wonderful.
We drove up and slept in an RV. It was cozy and a comfortable way to spend the 8 hour drive. Cody, Aubry and their girls slept in one end and Glenn, Tate and I slept in the other. One of my favorite moments of the trip happened one night while we were trying to get Tate to fall asleep. He kept crying, "Mya, Mya, Mya!" over and over. He just adores her and knew that she was right behind that door! Mya was going to bed too and said, "Mya wite here," as if she was trying to comfort little Tate-o and tell him she was nearby. So sweet.
Many a naptime were spent like this:
Zoned out in front of a disney movie. There was apparently just too much to see to waste time actually falling asleep. Silly mom.
We played on the beach with cousins,
(Apparently Tate was doing something terribly wrong in this picture! Mya was so embarrassed!) Spent some snuggle time with Grandpa.
and Auntie Kenzie.Witnessed our families' incredible talent at the talent show. Here is the Banks' rendition of "Put a Ring On It"And the Garvin family's synchonized swimming routine was so hilarious and absolutely one of a kind.Nope, this is not the whole Callister clan folks. This is just all of the kiddos in attendance under the age of two. Tate had so many people to meet and play with he hardly knew what to do with himself!He even got a ride on Uncle Ben's scooter! It was definitely a trip highlight. Uncle Ben let him push the horn button and he spent much of the morning wanting to push it again.We sure belong to a fabulous family. It was fun to see so many people again who I don't get to see very often. Crazy how fast we all grow and change and now we have kiddos who are doing some growing up of their own. We had such a great time.
On the drive home in the RV Tate started throwing a ball with Nana. He kept saying funny things like, "Nice!", "I got it!", "Awesome", all with an incredible lisp mind you. We didn't catch him on video at the beginning when he was super excited about it but I think it's still pretty cute.

1 comment:

The Hansen's said...

It really was so fun to be with you guys and the family next to that gorgeous lake. I loved Mya and Tate, they are so sweet.