About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Radiation

One year since radiation.

Thoughts:

1) Thank you, Ondansetron (Zofran), for making my three weeks of treatment liveable.

2) Thank you, Kim, for taking care of me. You have seen me at the lowest level of human existence... repeated vomiting until incoherency.

3) Thank you, Dr. Chopp, for taking your namesake literally. At least there was comedy.

4) Finally, thank you all for your prayers.

Several other thoughts:

1) Life is fragile.

2) Don't put off your goals in life for later. Do it now. Make it happen.

3) The people in your life are the most important thing in your life.

4) No one is capable of doing it all on their own.

5) Being sick sucks.

6) Crappy things happen. You may as well decide to be happy. Otherwise, life will suck.

7) You get a free rectal exam when you tell the doctor you think you have testicular cancer. Why? I don't know... but hey, it's free.

-Glenn

10 comments:

Amberly said...

I love the lessons learned, thanks for the dose of reality, glenn.

The Hansen's said...

Glenn... you are the man!
We missed you this week.
PS~ I adore your wife

Amy Mak said...

So glad you are well. Great post!

Unknown said...

We love you. You make me laugh. What precious life lessons. Thanks.

kimmalee said...

Oh honey, you are funny. Thanks for the great post. Such memories made. Hooray for being cancer and radiation free for one year.

Miles Atkinson said...

Glenn, I am so glad things have gotten so much better for you and your family! I miss you guys, and hope things keep on improving!

Liz said...

Oh Glenn... This is why we wish we could always live close to you guys! You have a great outlook on life.

McKenzie said...

Glenn, you make me laugh. I'm glad you are are on the mend.

Janelle said...

Yes, Dr. Dick Chopp lived up to his name. Glad you are well and happy. We are so going to miss ya'll.

Aunt Debi said...

I love you, sweet boy!