About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Little Adventures

Last Thursday Tate and I went downtown to play. The Museum of Fine Art was free that day so I thought we could check it out. We found this great furry caterpillar on our way in and stopped for a few minutes to watch him. Tate is still talking about the "capillar" with yellow stripes. He was a really cool find.I walked around the museum a couple days last summer with little man in a front pack and really enjoyed it. It was a different story this time. He was busy, and while he loved the pictures of "castles" and finding all the animals and pictures of Jesus, he was a bit too noisy and got bored quickly. But we made it work for a short time with the help of some fruit snacks.
I loved it. It was a much needed deep breath. Not sure how else to describe it. Just taking in those beautiful paintings brings me back to my days abroad wandering through larger museums filled with beautiful paintings by some of the same artists. It was relaxing to wander through paintings in styles and by names that I recognized and remember all the things I've been lucky enough to see and learn.
Then we took off to do something Tate would actually enjoy. There is a little train that goes all the way around Hermann Park, a huge park in the middle of the city. Tate is so excited about trains lately that he and I couldn't resist taking a ride.
We sat in the very back row. We watched the train tracks go past. We waved at the ducks in the ponds. We pointed out bikes, trees, fountains, big rocks, squirrels and castles (every big building is called a castle). We even went through a tunnel. He's big into tunnels right now.Little man couldn't sit still. There was so much to see from every angle. He kept touching every screw, pole, board, everything he could get his hands on. It was a fun morning exploring a couple things our city has to offer and spending some quality time with Tate-o.

3 comments:

Glenn Makechnie said...

Sad I missed out on that one.

Aunt Debi said...

Thanks for blogging. I so needed pictures of Tato today. Art museums aren't much fun for kids. I hadn't really been to one until Italy. I was surprised that really great art was such a spiritual/sweet experience. I found myself just standing in front of the beautiful pieces and breathing them in.

Unknown said...

What a great mama you are. Adventures fit for two...museum for Mom, train ride for Tate. Love it!