About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The week before Christmas

We went to Glenn's work's family Christmas party on Saturday. They had a big formal party a couple weeks ago for the adults (which was awesome! Like a grown up prom.) and then another party for families, specifically for the little kiddos. It was amazing. Yummy breakfast in pjs, balloon animals (this is supposed to be a fishing pole with a fish on the end. Tate thought it was great and kept wildly swinging it around), crafts and cookie decorating (clearly he has some natural talent in this area),
amazing goodie bags,
a train giving rides in the parking lot, and of course a visit with the big guy in red. We'd prepared Tate a little asking him what he wanted Santa to bring him. His response was, "A Cookie!" Okay, that's easy. Then a little while later he added "cars". We watched other kids sit on Santa's lap and tried to get him excited but when it was our turn it was just too much sitting with some large, strange, furry man so he lost it. We knelt down next to Santa as he tearfully told him he would like cars. Then we were outa there.
I was so impressed with his company and how much they care about our families. They threw two big parties and tried to make special events for all of their employees. Tate had a goodie bag with a personal letter from Santa with his name and a couple things about him. For such a huge company I left just so impressed with the care they took for each kid.
Glenn left again on Monday morning and gets back late tonight. I understand that a lot can't be predicted about the processes he's involved in there but it is frustrating that a his schedule, especially where travel is involved, is so last minute. Plus we miss him like crazy when he's gone. But we're so grateful for his job and now I'm done complaining.
This week we got our family pictures back that we had taken a few weeks ago. Courtney Paul took them last year for us and we loved them! Then we were lucky enough to move down here right after she did so we were able to have her take them for us again. She actually did two sessions for us because the first time we tried it was cold and rainy and Tate was grumptastic because he was on Benedryl for yet another rash. And still she was able to catch some great pictures. We think she's amazing. Here are some of our favorites...
I think that last one is my favorite. It's got so much of my little guy's personality.
This week we've been running lots of errands and getting a lot of last minute Christmas things finished. Every year it seems like I'm "done" weeks ahead of time and then I just keep making extra work for myself by coming up with other things I would like to have done for Christmas. It's ridiculous. This week I finished 4 skirts for some darling nieces on Glenn's side back east. We're giving to their family this year. They are done and mailed off. It feels great. I hope they like them!

One last tid bit about this week. It's been hot. 80 degrees. We've had the AC on all week. Spent some time outside at a great new park we found and Tate and I were sweating. It's the week before Christmas. While I really don't like sweating profusely all summer long here, at least I understand that it is to be expected in the summertime. In the middle of December, however, it's a little annoying. In the back of my head I know that I should appreciate being warm in the winter time but most of my head is just annoyed at being hot and sweaty...again. It just doesn't quite feel like Christmas when it's so blasted hot outside.

6 comments:

McKenzie said...

Wow! Glenn's work is awesome. I want one of those cookies! Can you send us your address for Christmas cards?

Mallory said...

I l-o-v-e the pictures of your family. They really did turn out so great. I love the one of him laughing because I hear his laugh in my head when I look at it. I love that boy. Can't wait to see you guys for Christmas. never fear, it's NOT hot here! :)

Aunt Debi said...

No it is not! It was too cold to walking outside today! I love the picture of Tate strolling. It looks so GQ! He does have a great smile when he really laughs. Can't wait to see you!

Elise and Cameron said...

Hi Kim! I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your cute boys. I saw the temperatures in Houston with much envy. It has been around 5 degrees here in Missouri, with a wind chill of -10. Ugh. I'd take an 80 degree Christmas any day! :) Also, is there some way I can get your address so I can send our Christmas Card? Hope all is well for you!

Croslands said...

What a great company party! I love that they had two. It's always nice when they recognize the whole family.
And your family pics are so cute.

Amy Mak said...

Oh I just adore those pictures! I'm determined to get family photos this coming spring! Your company sounds amazing - the party and I'm still stuck on the swedish massage deal :) Happy holidays! (And the Makechnie girls are going to love those skirts. We are still wearing ours!)