About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuppenth a Bag

Tate loves his bed time songs. He loves them so much he's often found "singing" them to himself throughout the day. Sometimes he just sings one phrase over and over. Sometimes he sings an entire song. He also likes when I start a phrase and then pause and let him finish it.
I think it's super adorable when he's playing with his trucks and trains and I hear him singing, "Lots of chocolate for me to eat. Lots of coal making lots of heat." (My Fair Lady), "Shall we dance? Shall we dance? Shall we dance?" (The King and I), "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Give Said the Little Stream", "I Love to see the Temple", or "I am a Child of God". It's so sweet to hear whole verses come out in his tiny voice as he's playing.
My current favorite is when he sings "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins. He knows the whole song now and I have not been able to catch it on film even though he sings to himself all the time. He gets cranky and stops every time I run for the camera. I finally caught him on video but the video wouldn't load on the blog so, while I love it, my mom can't see it. So we tried again when he started singing it in the car one night. We hurried to pull the car over under a street light, turned on the light inside the car, and snuck out the camera and it still turned out completely black. Oh well, at least you can hear his little voice.
I love that he loves music. I love that it's in him enough that it just bubbles out of him when he's completely occupied doing something else.

I love the way he begs to climb on my lap whenever I'm playing the piano and how he gets all excited when i take his little fingers and make them play a melody that he can recognize. I'm lucky to have a little boy who enjoys something that I genuinely love sharing with him. I'd be pretty sad if my little boy didn't want me to sing him bed time songs, though I know that time will probably come soon enough.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

That is so adorable! I can tell he has grown up so much even by his tiny little voice! Ooooh, I can't wait to see you guys!

Mallory said...

haha Oh my gosh that is the most adorable thing. His cute little singing voice. Oh my stars.