About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Final Walk-through

Yesterday we met our Realtor at our new house for our final walk-through. Everything looks wonderful. I have no idea where everything is going to go and what else we will need...but I can't wait to start figuring it all out.

On our way out this old car absolutely blasting rap music drives by, or rather, swerves by our house and our realtor says to us, "Well, at least they don't appear to be from around here. This is a really nice neighborhood and you wouldn't want neighbors like that driving past your yard every day." I agree with her.
Then the car turns around and pulls to a quick stop in front of our next door neighbor's house. A boy stumbles out, he's probably in his early 20's, and he barely has time to close the door before the car takes off again. Our realtor just looks at us and says something like, "Guess I spoke too soon."
We laugh, finish up with our realtor, head back to our car and the boy stops us. He asks if we're his new neighbors (he lives with his mom, who we've met earlier and seems to be really nice). He stumbles over to us, holding a cigarette, and trips on the driveway. I don't really understand how he's still standing upright, he's so wobbly. He offers his hand and says, "Sorry, I'm drunk." I think to myself, "Yes. You most certainly are. And that's probably not all you are."
Glenn just laughs, says, "It's all right, man" and we introduce ourselves. As we end our conversation and start for our car again he yells to us, "Don't worry, I won't throw my cigarette butts on your yard." We just laughed and said, "Thanks!"

Glenn and I get in the car and the first thing he says to me is, "That boy is going to be a member of the church some day."
I look at my saintly husband in amazement. "Seriously Glenn, that was your first thought after meeting that kid?"
He thought for a second, then said, "Well, my first thought was, 'I really hope his friends don't rob us,' but my second thought was, 'That kid's going to be a member of the church some day. He's messed up, but he's really friendly. He seems to have a good heart.'"
Oh my dear sweet husband. I have a lot to learn from him.
Well, it's going to be a busy few days signing papers, packing, moving, setting up utilities, changing our address. It all has to happen so fast because we got our closing date moved up but we didn't know it was "for sure" until yesterday so that gives us 2 days to get everything done so we can move in and get somewhat settled before my fam gets here! So excited and also so stressed out. One step at a time. Wish us luck!

11 comments:

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

hurray! that's so exciting!

Amberly said...

let the fam help, don't feel like it has to be perfect before they get here... you'll be so worn out you won't enjoy your time with them! I still can't wait to see pics of your new home, so exciting for you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amberly! Somebody agrees that we should help with the move! we don't want you doing all of the work so that you are so stressed out when we come! RELAX!!...love you

Debi said...

Hey, leave something for us to do! Just get the electricity and water hooked up OK? I really prefer indoor plumbing. What you really need to get rid of is the primary activity on Saturday! Let the old ward handle it. Can't wait to see you! 4 DAYS!! Mom

Unknown said...

Yay for you guys!!! And what a stud your good hubby is. Keep us posted on that sweet neighbor boy. :)

Leslie Jacobs said...

I can't wait to see pics of the new place. Congrats!!!

Tiffany said...

So exciting that you get the house before your family gets here!

Just so you know I was a highly unlikely (from the outside looking in and from the inside looking out) convert 9 years ago. You never know.

Mallory said...

"Well, my first thought was I hope his friends don't rob us." haha Hilarious.

Nate said...

Very exciting stuff. I hope everything goes ok. If you need to borrow a couple hundred thousand dollars, let me know.

Liz said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I can feel your excitement - we just moved into our new place and I don't remember the last time I felt this content. Hope everything went well! Miss you guys.

Lindsay said...

wow your husband is a saint. cant wait for pics. congrats!