About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Adios!

The ants are history! I cleaned out the pantry today and put things back in. My counters look much cleaner and it's just plain wonderful not to be running in to the little things every day.
There was really no difference after the bug folks came to spray so Glenn took matters into his own hands. We had ant traps that did nothing. Then he found this great stuff called "Terro". You put a little drop of it onto a piece of paper and the ants eat it and take it back to feed to the queen. Once the queen dies, you're free! Glenn was super excited. He planted it right along their path and watched them. He is very science-minded, so watching the process unfold fascinated him. There was much fist-pumping, shouting, and celebrating as they fell for his tricks. I enjoyed watching him much more than watching the ants.
He even sang them a little song as he watched. Sung to the tune of "Lead Kindly Light"

Drink deeply ants amidst the encircling doom.
Die vermin scum!
Drink of the poison and feed it to your queen.
Die vermin scum!

Good times. I had his song stuck in my head all day.
Adios ants. Please don't come again!

Here are a couple of other friends who live at our house.
Lizards. Several. This is one of their favorite tricks. Tate thinks it's hilarious to see just their heads sticking out.

And this is a little frog friend who we find right on our back doorstep every night. We must have some delicious bugs hanging out there or something.

5 comments:

Debi said...

I would take frogs and lizards any day before insects. I'm so glad you found something to get rid of the ants. Good job Glenn!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

We use Hot Shot around our doors and windows. It's supposed to provide a barrier for 12 weeks. I know it works because sometimes I wake up and there are dead ants by the door that couldn't make it past the barrier

Michelle Burk said...

We had frogs, lizards and salamanders in Indiana. My boys LOVED them! But I think there is a lot of value in "pest control." Peace of mind, if nothing else. Just sayin'....

Amy Mak said...

hilariious! why can I hear you both singing that! So funny.

Croslands said...

one more year and tate will be entertained for hours catching great things in the yard.