About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Neighbor Boy

Our interesting neighbor boy, the one we met at our final walk through of our house, has made a habit of bringing our mail to our door. Pretty much every day unless I manage to get to the mailbox before he does, he gets it out of our mailbox and brings it to me at our front door. Always sans shirt (he has many tattoos), and with his basketball shorts sitting quite low. I wish he wouldn't get into our mailbox, but I know he's just trying to be nice...so I'm not sure what to say to him. He usually just hands it to me and says, "here" and walks away as I say "thank you". Glenn is sure that he's a good, nice kid at heart, so I'm trying to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Yesterday Glenn was home and he answered the door when our neighbor brought us our mail. Glenn engaged him in a conversation about Memorial Day. "So, what are you going to do to celebrate today? Barbecue or something special to honor our soldiers?"
He said, "Oh, that's today?"
"Yeah." Glenn said.
"Oh, no. It's probably just smoking pot and drinking for me." Said our neighbor.
Glenn laughed it off and they said goodbye. Dear me. Well, at least he's very honest, right?
Then Glenn looked down and noticed that our sweet neighbor had brought us our own outgoing mail that we had put in the mailbox that morning.

6 comments:

Debi said...

Yikes! I think I would get a locking mailbox. You are brave to open the door with Glenn gone. I wonder if he goes around the whole neighborhood doing that or if he is just checking out is good looking neighbor? (Two weeks from tomorrow!)

Nate said...

hilarious

The Hansen's said...

Maybe you should start giving him pass along cards and little random papers with scriptures on them in return for his services. One of two things can happen, either he quits getting your mail or you can refer him to the missionaries. :)

Amy Mak said...

This is very funny to me...a good story down the line. I think he must be in need of something. Like the Gospel! I'm interested in how this will all play out :) Maybe he and Tate can go on a tattoo playdate?

Unknown said...

I'm with everyone else, curious how this one turns out. ;)

Croslands said...

yeah that's awesome. yes, he's honest. i think that it would bug me if someone was always getting into my mailbox. but again, he's honest.