About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

For those who don't already know...

Baby boy Makechnie number two is on his way! It took longer than we hoped this time, but with some time, some tests and some lessons in patience with Heavenly Father's plan for us, he's finally on his way! In fact, we're expecting him in 20 weeks or so. His due date is January 1st, 2012. We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and were lucky enough to have two of his aunties there to say hi to him. He was a little shy. He had his hands up by his face the whole time, which we thought was darling.
He was not, however, shy about his gender. He wanted there to be no doubt that he is a little guy. We're incredibly excited! And Tate's just going to love having a little brother to play with. Eventually, if not right away, right? I just smile inside picturing the two of them playing together. Tate taking pride in showing him the ropes and little babe copying his cool big brother's every step. I hope they're best friends. I hope they realize at some point how great it is to have a brother.
The pregnancy is going well. The marvelous trimester of vomit is finally wrapping up and I'm feelin' much better! It might have been worse this time. It might just be that I've forgotten some details from last time and I didn't remember it being quite so bad...but either way, it's over now and life is great. I'm especially happy to be currently sporting an elastic waistband, which is oh so much more comfy than my regular pants rigged with a hair elastic.
Keep cookin' little boy. We adore you already!

10 comments:

Amberly said...

Kim, i'm so excited for you! I'm sorry it was a little difficult getting him on his way, but i'm so glad he is!

Sarah said...

Congrats! We love having two little boys right next to each other. I bet Tate will just love his little brother!

The Hansen's said...

Yay for another darling little man! I can tell you his auntie aubry is smitten with him already. I am amazed at how clear those ultrasound pics are. (nerdy nurse comment, huh oh well)Love you guys so much!!

Unknown said...

Yay for you guys!! Little Tate will be the best big bro ever!

The Hunt's said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Congratulations! So exciting!

Debi said...

Come on, we already knew he was a boy and proud of it. I'm so glad you are feeling better. You are amazing to keep running in the Texas heat and humidity. You will feel fabulous in the Fall when it cools down a bit. Congrats and Happy Birthday Glenn!

Leslie said...

Congrats! So exciting!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Another boy! Congrats! We find out at the end of next month. Hey email me with the info about the Barry Center craft fair so I can come and visit your booth! I'm not doing anything but I it's only 10 minutes from my house so I'll come visit so I can see you!

Tamra said...

I didn't know! So excited for you and your cute little family. I kept my girls together and my boys together too, and I really like it that way. They will be so close...at least when they grow up! :) Congrats! Love you!

Cammi said...

Congrats!!! That is super exciting and I love 2 boys in a row! too fun!!