About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter and some visitors!

Easter festivities began with an egg hunt at Aunt Nancy's house. She does one every year for her whole neighborhood and like most things the Garvins do, it was awesome. They have different hunts for different ages and even prizes for finding the sparkly eggs. It was super fun. Here are Tate and Glenn strategizing before the starting whistle.
Tate thought it was magical finding eggs everywhere, which he knew contained goodies. It was so much more fun this year!
Uncle Steve was the hunt official. He walked around waving his flag at kiddos and pointing out egg stashes that had been missed. Hilarious.
So glad we live by the Garvins now. They are hilarious and so sweet to include us and take care of us. Especially on holidays!
Easter morning Tate got a few surprises from the main Bunny.
A little kite, a car magnet game for church, and of course Pez. He was very intrigued by this little thing. I let him have it, showed him how the candy came out, and walked out of the room for maybe a minute to do something and by the time I came back he'd eaten the whole thing and wanted it refilled.
Sunday night late Nana, Grampa and Kenzie came to visit us. We let the kiddos stay up late to meet them and Tate was so wound up and excited they were here. We had a wonderful visit for almost an entire week which, I unfortunately got very few pictures of because I forgot to bring my camera on most of our outings. Who's the dummy now? That would be me.
We had a great time together. We took a walk/jog every morning around my neighborhood and complained about the hills together, we had lunches out, we went to the aquarium where we all took turns feeding the stingrays....or at least tossing them some fish when we got a little too nervous. We took long drives, talked a lot, ate a lot, and just enjoyed each other. I sure love my family. I'm glad we live a little closer now. Within driving distance for a long weekend and much cheaper flights too.
On Wednesday night we went to Wicked. Aunt Nancy watched the boys for us (THANKS AGAIN NANCY!) and we met Glenn for dinner downtown before he caught a flight to Houston for a few days, and then Mom, Dad, Kenz and I went over to the theatre.
It was Kenzie's first time seeing a broadway show and I'm glad I got to be there. It was wonderful. Mom and I agreed that it probably wasn't the best cast we've seen, but very good nonetheless. The music, the voices, the sets, the message about being a good influence and leaving people and the world better because you've lived (at least that's what I take from it) it's all so good. I'm glad that we were able to see it together.
Our week together went so fast, as fun things always do. Tate was bummed when he knew they were going to leave. The night before they left he was starting to figure out it was coming and walked around saying, "Nanna, and Grampa, and Kenzie are going to go back to Utah." I'm glad he loves being with them. This time he seemed to have a soft spot for Grampa. Grampa got a lot of snuggles.
Grampa would tell him made up stories about animals every night before bed. Tate would get to choose which animals and what their names would be and then the next morning Tate would repeat the stories to us. He thought it was the coolest thing to have his very own stories. Listening to Dad tell Tate stories and Mom sing him bed time songs just made my heart smile. It's like Tate was getting a glimpse of my childhood. And it was a good one.
He also discovered a new game called "scissor fish" where Grampa catches Tate with his legs (the "scissor fish") and Tate screams and tries to get away. It was funny to watch.
Wish I had more pictures, but luckily, we'll see them again soon. Thanks for visiting you guys! Come again! Any time!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Oh goodness, I sure wish I was there. Looks like so much fun. AND you guys saw Wicked!!?? I love that musical very berry much. Yep, I do. Can't wait for you to come visit. :) love jew guys.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, not that post made me want to visit the Garvins AND your parents! :)