About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Picture Wednesday and Recent Happenings

Little Finn, 18 weeks old.  
Here's little kiddo in one of my favorite of Tate's baby outfits.  Unfortunately, this is the second and probably final time we'll inflict this outfit on Finnster.  It's quite snug. 
 Finn had his 4 month appointment this morning.  He now weighs a whopping 16 lbs. 12 oz which puts him in the 80th percentile.  He's 25.5 inches long which puts him in the 70th for height.  He's started to roll in both directions this week. He's only done it a few times, and seems kind of confused every time he does like he's not sure what just happened, but he's getting there.

Here's a little catch up of some fun stuff in the last month.  A few weeks ago it snowed.  Literally, it snowed 4ish inches on Tuesday and it was 70 degrees and we were getting sun burned at the zoo on Thursday.  I love this Colorado weather.  Tate has been very hesitant about snow.  He's only seen it a few times and probably none that he would remember, before we moved here.  The first time we saw it at Aunt Nancy's house he approached a flower pot full of snow and bent over to sniff it but wouldn't even touch it with his finger.
So that morning when we saw all the snow outside I asked Tate if he wanted to go out with me and build a snowman. His reply was, "No, no, no.  Actually, no.  If I go in the snow then my feet will be cold and I will cry like this, 'Waaaaa Waaaaa.'"  Ah yes.  Okay, then we'll wait for Glenn to get home.
Luckily, when Glenn got home he was willing to get suited up and jump right in.  They went out and played for a while.  Throwing snowballs, making a snowman (which Tate promptly knocked over and stomped on).  He loved it once he was all bundled up.  I'm glad he toughened up long enough to realize how fun it is!


 Our other recent outing was to take Tate bowling.  We found a super cheap bowling place and took Tate when Glenn had Good Friday off of work.  He loved it.  He'd give the ball a big, enthusiastic push down the ramp,
 and then crouch down to watch it roll all the way down the lane.
 It was really fun.  We went a couple times that week because it was so cheap.  We might have worn it out though.  We went bowling when Nana and Grandpa were here to visit and he wasn't nearly as excited about it.
In other news, the boys and I are headed to Utah next week for Mal's graduation.  I'm glad we're going so we'll be able to see her briefly before she takes off.  She leaves to spend the summer in Uganda just three days after she graduates.  It still hasn't registered that for four long months I won't be able to have my usual long weekly chat with her.  I don't really want to think about it.  I'm kind of already mourning the loss of our chats.  She has such great insight into every problem and really wants to listen to me drone on about our goings-on around here.  It's so nice to talk to her any time but especially now when I don't have tons of buddies to chat with here yet.  She's great, and being close to her makes me a better person.  For example, on Sunday I got an appointment to meet with the Bishop next week regarding a calling.  I'm really glad it's taken them a bit to get around to giving me a calling as my emotional state has been a bit precarious post-baby, but I think I've got a better handle on it now and while I do feel ready to serve, I immediately started complaining in my mind and worrying about what I would be asked to do.  And then the very next day I read this post and realized that I am a dummy for complaining about having a calling.  I have so much and am blessed to have the ability to serve a calling.  Thanks for the pride check, Mal.

And one more thing: I just need to record the wonderfulness that is my sweetheart once in a while.  On Saturday I told Glenn I wanted to do some shopping and wandering by myself so he took the kiddos home, got them fed and put to bed for naps, and by the time I got home he had also cleaned all the bathrooms, which happens to be my very least favorite chore.  It was simply wonderful.  Thanks honey.




3 comments:

Krista Hegstrom said...

He's adorable! Good work posting every week - that's a lot of work. I'm glad you're starting to settle, but I am sad for you to lose your sister kind of for a few months. That would be sadness!

Mallory said...

Oh me, oh my, I just want to squeeze your little boys so bad. They're both so darling I can hardly stand it. And you are mistaken, my lady, I'm going to miss you like you can't imagine while I'm gone. Can I just send you long drawn out e-mails? ...Pathetic replacement for our weekly chats. haha

Janelle said...

Hopefully Colorado has gotten all that snow stuff out of it's system by the time I get there. Seriously.

So, what's the new calling? Can you share yet? Are you excited?!?!?!

Can't wait to see you soon.