About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Picture Wednesdays, Thanksgiving, and Family pictures


I got busy last week and forgot to post Picture Wednesday.  So here are two in a row.
Finny at 48 weeks old.
And little man today at 49 weeks old.
Finny took his first of what I'm sure will be many tumbles down the stairs last night and ended up with a little goose egg on his fluffy little head.  Poor kid recovered really quickly but it was still pretty sad.  I cannot believe he's going to turn one in just a few weeks!  It blows my mind that a year ago I was huge and pregnant, we were living in Houston, had no idea that we'd be moving to Denver, and were getting ready for Christmas and playing with our one little boy.  Lots of changes this year.  All good ones, of course.
Last week my mom, dad, and Kenzie came to stay for Thanksgiving.  I wish I had taken more pictures but, as usual, I forgot to bring my camera around and only ended up with a couple of photos of our time together.  Tate spent much of the time snuggling with Grandpa on the couch.  He sure loves his Grandpa.  Finn loved having more people to follow around the house and smile at.  It was SO nice having them here.  Tate discovered Talking Tom on Nana's phone.  I've since had to upload it on my phone as well. I'll have to video him playing with it.  It's pretty great.
They got here Wednesday night.  On Thursday we went for a nice little jog then got to work on the food.  We had "dinner" at Aunt Nancy's house at 1 so it was a full morning of cooking and watching the parade.  Dinner was wonderful.  Everything was perfect and the conversation was great too.  Brady and Kenzie were even able to peer pressure Tate into trying some of his ham at the kids table.  A huge feat.  And we only heard one loud gagging noise from their table, which we consider a success for Tate when trying new foods.  Maybe we should have them eat dinner with us every night.
After dinner we vegged on the couch and watched a movie while Tate settled down to watch Star Wars in the other room.  We've been watching Disneyland rides online in anticipation of our disneyland trip and he was really excited about Star Tours.  The robots, the space ships, lasers and light sabers.  All things awesome.  I snuggled with him while we watched the whole movie then he ran around the house  for the rest of the evening humming the theme song.  (hmmmm hmmmmmm hm hm hm HMMMMM hmmmm) and every day since he's been R2D2, C3PO, or Chewy.  A great discovery for little Tate.

Kenzie and I decided to brave the outlet malls on Thursday night for some early black friday deals.  We both bought a couple of things and I found some great deals on clothes for the kiddos.  It was really fun.  The lines weren't too bad, the crowds were friendly.  I think I'd do it again.  Kenz and I had fun, even though I made her listen to Bing Crosby Christmas music in the car.  She survived.

Friday and Saturday were spent going for walks and drives, going to movies, and watching movies at home while snuggling little kids.  At one point there was a game on ESPN 3 (?) that Glenn and Dad had to watch and since we didn't have it on cable they relocated to the office to watch it on the computer.  Of course they couldn't watch a game without a couch so that had to come with.
On their last night we made tons of food again, just for fun.  Tate enjoyed watching the ice cream maker do it's thing. 
It was a great, relaxing weekend with the family.  I miss them and I love that my kids love having them around, though it is always a bummer when they leave and Tate starts crying, "I don't want them to go!  Nooooo!"  It was a very nice and chill Thanksgiving.

A little over a month ago we made a quick trip to Utah for a BYU lacrosse alumni game.  Glenn really wanted to play and we found a great photographer (actually the wife of one of Glenn's former teammates) to take our family pictures while we were in town.  It worked out perfectly.  The kids were in pretty good moods, which was lucky, the weather cooperated, the light was beautiful, and Victoria did a great job.  Her rates were really nice and she sent us a disc with all our pics which not many photographers will do anymore.  I'll definitely be calling her again in the future!  Here are a few of our favorites:






3 comments:

Debi said...

Thanksgiving was so great and low key. Loved it. Thanks for having us. Pictures turned out darling! Sorry about Finny's bump, but I'm pretty sure it won't be his last. He is a boy after all. Dad is still disappointed he didn't get to pop a rabbit. Ha

Amy Mak said...

Those pictures are AMAZING! I want secrets. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving and glad to see Finn is still sticking his tongue out :)

Meag said...

So happy you got to enjoy a relaxing Thanksgiving with your family! And those are such darling pics of your family, so candid and gorgeous! Can't believe Finn is practically one! Sure miss y'all!!