About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ms. Sheri and the end of year one

Tate had his last day of his first year of preschool on my birthday.  His class did this cute little program where they sang songs, with funny gestures of course, and it was super darling.   I'm still trying to figure out why I can't upload videos anymore, so if I figure it out I'll get some posted!  
He had a fun and diverse class.  Lots of different personalities.  He learned a lot and grew up a lot this year.  I was a little worried, given the drama of last summer, whether he'd do well in preschool, but it was just what he needed.  He made some sweet little friends and his teacher, Ms. Sheri, was so kind to him and seemed to really understand him.  
After their little program we went back to the classroom for an ice cream party.  Tate got a scoop of vanilla and then proceeded to scoop spoonful after spoonful of gummi bears on top.  He just kept going.  I guess I hadn't realized before that there was a time when we didn't have this filter of "I should stop now.  People will see.  I can't have as much as I want."  Tate has not developed that filter yet.  He just kept scooping gummi bears because, he still wanted more.  Ms. Sheri and I watched for a bit and then she just said, "Here, Tate, let's just dump the whole cup on top."  So she did and Tate ended up with more gummi bears than ice cream and was a very happy boy.
 Here's Tate with my favorite little girl, Ryanne.  I think she has a bit of a crush on Tate and she is SO sweet.  
 Tate and Ms. Sheri with their serious faces.
 Aaaand silly faces.
 And their smily faces.
We're both going to miss Ms. Sheri.  Every time Tate talks about preschool he talks about how he doesn't want to go to a different class because he doesn't want a new teacher.  I agree buddy, but this is gonna be life from now on.  I'm so glad we found Ms. Sheri this year.  She was perfect for Tate and made it a wonderful first year of preschool.

1 comment:

The Hansen's said...

Congratulations Mr. Tate!! Ms. Sheri must be a special lady. I adore the gummy bear story and that just shows that she is perfect for what she does. I'm sure that Tate has everyone just loving him like we do.