About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

10 Years Later

Ten years ago today I woke up Kimberly Hansen and went to sleep Kimberly Makechnie.  Best day ever.
All of these wonderful people were there to support us and help us celebrate.
 We were so in love it was ridiculous.  


 We were sealed to each other for ever and ever.  And then we threw a great party.  With a TON of help from the people we love the most.



It was beautiful, romantic, and so so fun.  



 What a great way to celebrate the day that Glenn and I became "us".  The day when we promised that no matter what, we'd always be there for each other.  That we'd never have to go through the challenges of this life alone again.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to have Glenn as my partner forever.  He makes me better.  He makes me stronger.  He makes me so happy.
We look like babies in this picture. Very happy, very smitten babies.  Ten years and four of our own babies later, I am even more smitten with my sweetheart than I was ten years ago.  Sometimes I wish I could live that day over and over again.  It was so perfect.
Never would I have guessed that ten years later we'd be living this crazy expat life together.  It is difficult and exhilarating and so strange.  But Glenn and I can do anything together.  We are a great team and we have a great little team in training.  I couldn't be happier with the life that we've built together that started on that beautiful June 21st 2005.  I love you, honey.  Happy 10 years!

2 comments:

Debi said...

That day was so beautiful. You two are equally yoked and work so well together. It is a wonderful thing to see from a parents point of view. We love you two!

The Hansen's said...

Happy Anniversary to you two!! You are an incredible pair!