About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where did my newborn go?

Happy birthday to Tate. He's three weeks old today. That went fast. Here's a quick update of our last week. I took him to his two week doctor's appointment and he had gained another 10 ounces from week one putting him at 9 pounds 11 ounces. The pediatrician told me that since he was gaining weight so nicely I could stop waking him up every three hours to eat and could now let him sleep longer stretches if he would. Yea, I've never been waking him up. Who would do that? He knows when he's hungry and he wakes up ready to eat almost exactly three hours from the time he ate before. Seriously you could set your watch by it.
So he's probably over 10 pounds this week. Crazy eh? Where did my newborn go? He was never a tiny baby but he looked like a little newborn to me and now he's this little chubby baby. It's so insane how fast he's changing and growing. I'm so excited for him to start smiling at us because the kid has some adorable dimples.Rosie has had a bit of a rough time adjusting. She's really sweet to Tate, but you can tell that she's sad and feels left out. It was really evident when the neighbor girls brought over a new toy for her. We left the room to do the dinner dishes and after no more than 5 minutes came back to this scene. It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but she ripped the toy to pieces. The stuffing was all over the floor. I guess she had a bit of agression to get out.
The only other adventure Tate and I have had this week is trying to find something to wear to Adam's wedding. I'm not a fan of shopping right now. I am not very patient with my body and I just want it to look and be shaped the same as it was...right now. I know in my head that it has only been three weeks and I that I need to give myself a break...but shopping has been hard this week and I'm frustrated.
Well, that's pretty much us for now. We're heading to Utah for Adam's wedding this weekend. Yep, my little brother is getting hitched. It still hasn't really hit me because I've missed the whole courtship but it's happening! It's wierd that we're all grown up now. So many changes. I'll have a lot to post and tons of fun pictures when we get back!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

oh kim, the body may never be the same, but the excess will eventually go away. be patient and kind to yourself.

Amy Mak said...

He's SO sweet. I can't wait to really meet him. And you will always be beautiful.

The Hunt's said...

That my friend is still a newborn. He still looks teensy weensy! Good luck at the wedding!

natabird said...

That baby is so cute. I can't believe adam is getting married. isn't he like 12? Oh, and I totally know what you mean about getting your body back. I am finally back into my regular pants, but they still don't fit the same... Maybe we should just wear moo-moos for the next 6 months:)