About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Thanks Mom!

My mom went home last Thursday morning. It was a sad day. Mom was such a big help and so much fun to hang out with. It felt like a week long sleep over. I love this stage of life, being a grown up and being able to be friends with my mom. It's a lot of fun.
My mom is a woman of many talents and we wore her out last week! Here's a rundown of some of the roles my mom filled while she was staying with us.
Maid. She washed and folded countless loads of laundry. That's been one of the biggest surprises thus far. He's so tiny and yet he dirties more laundry than I could have ever imagined. Oh, and my mom decided to clean our entire house before she left. How am I going to keep up with that?
Gormet cook. We had delicious dinners every night. It was so great to have yummy dinners planned out and ready to eat when I woke up and Glenn got home. And it was even nicer that I didn't have to worry about it at all. She really spoiled us. I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn calls her up and asks her to just move in with us so he can eat like that all the time!
Night shift worker. My mom and Glenn took turns "working" the night shift. They would get up if Tate was fussing and it wasn't time for him to eat yet so I could stay asleep. It was SO nice!Counselor. Mom here to answer questions, listen while I cried then firmly tell me to take a nap, calm my worries, give advice, and help us figure out own way of doing things. There are so many things we don't know how to do and she was very sweet to give us advice and what worked for her and then to emphasize that every baby is different and that we will figure him out with time. She was here to help us with a lot of firsts: first car ride, first day at home,

first bath

first poop explosion and pee shooting, first projectile spit up and many more.
Professional Snuggler. Nanna loves to snuggle. Tate loves to be snuggled. It's a perfect match.
I love my mom and Tate loves his Nanna. Thanks so much for all of the help, company, and support mom. We love and miss you and we can't wait to see you next week!


4 comments:

Amberly said...

grandma's are the absolute best invention ever. glad tate got to spend some great time with his!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Hey kim! It's Melissa (jorgensen) just wanted to say hi. Your mom had told me you were having a boy and I stumbled upon your blog...who knows how. I get bored here at work. Anyway, I had a little boy in December. Aren't they great?!?!?!?!? And I will tell you, I thought I was going to die.......but you will get more sleep and you will feel great about everything soon. You look fantastic and what a cutie.

The Hansen's said...

Nannas are the absolute best aren't they! Especially Tate and Mya's, they are pretty dang lucky that's for sure.

Amanda and Miles said...

What a great mom to have around! Yup, Glenn will miss having her around to help out especially at night. I think it's great that you have him doing night duty. Good for ya.