About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 months

Tate, 30 weeks old.Well, my little guy is 7 months old tomorrow. That happened way too fast! He's started to get on his hands and knees and rock back and forth a bit this week. I keep telling him to stop. He's supposed to stay my little snuggly baby forever and ever... but I don't think that's his plan. The most exciting development with Tate this week is that he slept ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT last night. I could probably count on one hand the number of times he has slept through the night in his life time. It was wonderful. His sleeping schedule has been all over the place with all of our moves and such. The last month he's been going about an 8 hour stretch from around 8 pm to 4 am and then he'll go back to bed until 7 or 8 am but last night he slept all the way through. It was crazy. I'd started to give up hope that he'd just do it on his own and wondered if I should just be grateful for the 8 hour stretch and stop hoping that he would sleep until I was ready for him to wake up. Or I wondered if I should start letting him cry it out until I was ready for him to wake up because he was just forming a habit of waking up at that time. I was shocked when I woke up to him crying this morning at 7. It would be really nice if he would keep that up. I am trying not to get my hopes up, however. This whole "sleeping through the night thing" is a mess. I'm tired just thinking about it. This week has been filled with more Shakespeare rehearsals, soccer games (all of which Kenz's team has won or tied by the way), two temple trips, swim parties and new dinner attempts. My fam has been really nice to let me try some new recipes for dinners. It's easier with just Glenn and I because Glenn genuinely loves anything and everything and my fam is a little pickier...like me. They've been good sports and I really enjoy cooking lately so it's nice of them to put up with it! We've had a good time in the pool this week too. We're trying to soak in all of the pool time and sunshine that we can before it gets too cool. There's not much warm weather left! I still want to pretend that it's summer. I love summertime, especially at my mom's house when we can go swimming and read books outside in the sunshine every day. I know it's not really summer anymore but I missed being at my mom's pool this summer so I'm ignoring the cold nip in the air in the mornings and pretending that it's still summertime...just for a little bit longer.

2 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

My grandchildren are so adorable! We love having you here and also really appreciate your desire to cook. Can Glenn just come up on weekends?

McKenzie said...

The picture of him sleeping is so cute. I love that babies put their hands up by their faces to sleep.