About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Extended Vaca

Well, we made it! Glenn, Tate, and I flew in on Friday morning. There were a few complications at the airport but we made it. Then Glenn left to get some work done in his field area on Sunday. He's down there by himself this week getting things ready and his professor and another field assistant are flying in next week to work with him. He's going to be one busy boy. We're so excited to see him this weekend.
Tate and I are keeping busy up here too. The drama teacher who is teaching at AFJH where I used to teach decided she couldn't coach the Shakespeare Competition team this year and she found out through the grapevine that I was going to be here at the right time so she called and asked me to coach them. We had auditions on Monday, callbacks yesterday, and will have our first rehearsal/cast meeting tomorrow. It's going to be a fast and furious process because we only have a month to get ready. Each school can bring 3 monologues, 2 duo or trio scenes, and one big ensemble scene to compete. It's a lot of work but I'm actually really excited to be involved in coaching and directing for a little bit. I sure enjoy it. We'll see how it goes next week when we start rehearsing. The new teacher and I have very different expectations and styles so it may be interesting to see how the students react. Mom and Aunt Sue have been SO great to help watch Tate while I run to the junior high every day. It's great to have help so I feel like I can do this.
Little man has been sort of a grump lately. There's a lot of new to get used to. Lots more people and noise than he's used to, and yet another new place to get used to sleeping are all probably throwing him off. Overall, he's doing pretty well though. He's just a good little boy. It's so great to be around family. I love watching them with Tate. Kenzie can make him laugh no matter how grumpy or tired he is and Grampa can get him to sleep on his chest no matter how over-tired and beside himself he is.
Tate has started making goofy faces with his tongue sticking out. Just the last couple of days it's like every time he smiles or concentrates on something really hard, he sticks his tongue out and curls it over his top lip. He looks like a big goofy lizard.
So here's picture Tuesday for this week. Tate at 28 weeks old.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That last picture with the tongue is just too cute! That's so great that you get to help out with the drama thing! I bet it is nice to know it is just for a little while and that Tate is with people who love him :)

The Hunt's said...

How fun for you to be back in theater for a bit!

And BOB? Totally the best EVER!

And Tate? Needs to stop growing!

Stephen & Kendra said...

Preston has been sticking his tongue out too! It's so cute. I love it. He is getting so big. So are you guys living in Utah now?

The Kelly Variety said...

I love the tongue baby pictures. Someone (besides me) needs to tell Mike they aren't so cute anymore! The Drama Thing sounds like a lot of fun.

The Hansen's said...

We're so glad you are here, It's so fun to see you so often, to get to love, snuggle and watch MR. Taters! I feel so lucky. Sorry that you are stuck livin' out of suitcase though, that's a bummer.

Croslands said...

Okay that picture of Tate totally looks like a little boy and not a baby. I'm not ready for that yet.
I also think it is super cool that you get to do a little directing and coaching. I"m sure the older kids are very happy to have someone who cares so much.

natabird said...

It'll be fun to have family around for a while, but not fun at all to be seperated from your husband. Maybe we could get together for lunch or something some afternoon while you're around...I would love to see you and meet Tate.

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

yay for Shakespeare!!! Are you going down there and everything with them? Cause I'll be down there and I'll have Adrian and Mackenzie with me! If you'll be down there then we definitely HAVE to meet up cause it's been forever since I saw you last!