About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Day After

The day after Tate's birthday was not so great. We went to the doctor in the morning and Tate was given 4 shots. He was a very sad boy. He seemed to actually remember the doctor's office for the first time. The crackly paper freaked him out. Poor babe.
Then after Tate's morning nap I put him down to play with toys and went into the kitchen to make lunch. I heard him trip and bang something, hurried back in to the room to get him, and found him curled up in a ball on the floor next to our TV shelf (that has quite sharp edges turns out) holding his breath before he let out a loud scream. I picked him up and blood dripped onto my pants. Oh my was I freaked out. His forehead had about a half inch gash above his right eyebrow and it was dented in pretty bad and gushing blood. Ick. I have heard that head wounds bleed a lot, but I had never experienced it first hand. Wow. His head was just gushing. I ran to get a rag and called Aubry because she is a nurse and would keep a level head and tell me what she thought. We talked for a bit about how big it was and how much blood and such and while we were talking it stopped bleeding for the most part so she said it must not be too deep. She told us we could just disinfect it and superglue it shut. So after Glenn got home from school (so he could help me hold little dude still), that's what we did. It took a while to calm him down, especially since I kept wiping his owie with a rag to keep the blood out of his face. I finally got him to sleep and then after he woke up it was like it never happened. Here is little man about an hour post-wack. And here he is with his head super glued shut.I hope he doesn't have too much of a scar. The superglue fell off today and it still doesn't look very good. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all. Poor kid. He had such a fun birthday and then the next day was really not good. He must be so confused.
This was my first brush with blood as a mom. I knew it was coming, especially since I am the mother of a busy boy. I am not looking forward to more.

6 comments:

Amanda and Miles said...

wow, so scary! I hope you are all doing better

Unknown said...

Way to go mom!!! Like you said, unfortunately this will be the first of many. ;) And as far as the scar goes, he's a boy. Boys think scars are cool (and sexy so someone I know tells me!);)

Amy Mak said...

Oh poor baby! and poor mom...you did good!

Courtney Paul said...

Brecken had a similar accident. We had super glue on it for atleast a week. Once it healed I put mederma on the scar for awhile. Now you can hardly notice it. Good thing too, because it is in the middle of his forehead!

Aunt Debi said...

Welcome to the world of active little boys. One day they will come in from feeding the cows with a pitchfork to the leg and you will throw them rag, tell them to eat their breakfast and continue your telephone call just like Grandma Phyllis. Ha

Croslands said...

Sounds like you did great. Head wounds freak me out because of all of the blood. Poor Tate, give him extra snuggles.