About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 19, 2010

First Birthday!

Tate's big day was so nice. We had pancakes for breakfast. Tate managed to grab the one big piece that I hadn't ripped up yet when I went into the kitchen really quick. He knew that was the best piece.
We went to lunch with some friends from the ward. They have a sweet little girl who is a few months older than Tate and she always yells his name and gets really excited when she sees him. It's adorable.
Then when Glenn got home we opened a few presents. Some new pjs, and a basketball hoop from Glenn and I (Glenn is a little excited to start playing sports with our son), an awesome little basketball hoop that makes noises and some fun balls from Nana and Papa. The paper was far more exciting than the presents but I think he did find it interesting that all of the crackly paper had stuff inside.
We had a whole bunch of friends over. Tate had fun wandering through the sea of toys and little people. We, the grown ups, ate yummy food and chatted. Then came the cake. I had a friend in my ward make a cake for the party and a little cake for Tate. She just started a business and they turned out so cute. http://cakesbycassandra.weebly.com/ Unfortunately, I totally spaced getting a picture of the big cake before it was chopped up and devoured. I'll have to post one when she emails a picture to me.
It was so fun to watch Tate's reaction to the cake. He was fascinated by the fire. And then he got to taste it.
His reaction went from, "Hmm, this looks good, I think I'll try it."
To, "Wow, that is delicious! I want more!"
And finally, "How can I get more of it to my mouth faster?"
Delicious! Mother, we should eat this every day!

I know little man. It is so good, isn't it? I don't know why I thought the cake devouring was so stinkin' funny. I could have watched him frantically shove cake in his face all night. I guess I really don't give him too many sweets so it was a special treat. By the third handful his hand was shaking on the way to the cake, he was so excited for more. By the end he had handfuls of cake in his fists. He didn't think he could eat any more but he just didn't want to let it go. He still got pretty mad at Glenn when he took the cake away the put him in the tub.

After the tub we got in new jammas and opened presents from sweet friends. They gave Tate such perfect gifts: new bibs, and little peoplehome made rattles, and trucks and balls. Little Tate did not know what to do with it all!And then there was paper and tissue all over the place at the end. So many things that make fantastic crackly noises!

It was a wonderful day! Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us, even through phone calls and emails. It was so fun to spend a day just celebrating our little boy! Happy year one little man.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

cake is delicious tate. im so glad you loved it.

Amy Mak said...

oh so cute! happy birthday little man Tate!

The Hansen's said...

I'm so glad that he didn't follow his cousin's example and pick at his birthday cake in a prissy little girly way... It's so much more fun to watch babies tear it apart. Love you Tate! Happy Birthday!

Cammi said...

Awe Happy Birthday little guy!

The Hunt's said...

there are few things more endearing than watching a baby eat cake for the first time. so cute. happy 1st tatie pants!