About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dear Tate,

Dear Tate,
Happy Birthday Little Man. Today you are one year old. All day long I've been singing you "Happy Birthday". You seem to like it every time although you don't really get what it means. We had pancakes for breakfast, went out with the Cluff ladies for lunch, and had an awesome party for you tonight. Lots of our dear friends came over to wish you Happy Birthday. We had yummy cake (which you devoured with gusto), tons and tons of sweet presents, and played with toys. I think you had a pretty fun day.
Tate my little lovie, I cannot believe that you are one year old today. Your first year went so fast. Maybe it's because we've moved around and traveled so much that all of the big chunks of time when we were away just blurred together and made it seem faster. Maybe it's because once you came into our little fam everything changed, even the way that time seems to pass.
One year ago you came into our little family and I became your mom. I love being your mom Tate. I love getting you out of your crib and snuggling you in the morning. I love feeding you food and watching you react to new things you try. I love playing with you, reading books, and singing songs. I love feeding you bottles which is getting to be one of the few times when I can get you to hold still and snuggle. I love taking care of you and watching you grow and learn new things. Seeing the world through your eyes makes me happy because everything is so exciting to you. You remind me to slow down and enjoy the sweet little things in life the way you do.
You have always been a sweet and content little man. You cry when you're tired, feeling sick or hurt, and sometimes when you're hungry, but that's about it. If those things are taken care of then you're chattering to yourself and playing and happy as can be. You are pretty relaxed and don't get upset very easily. You fall down sometimes and most of the time you've moved on before I can get there to comfort you. It takes a pretty good owie to make you upset. You can keep yourself busy just playing with your toys, but you do like to know that we're around. Sometimes you follow us around from room to room and sometimes you take off down the hall and just come back to check in with us every minute or two.
You love books, especially when dad reads them. Your favorite at the moment is our little Dr. Seuss book, The Foot Book. Dad reads it with his very animated voice and tickles you on certain pages. It's very fun. You also love balls. You have a few and you carry them around from room to room.
You love music. You know how to say something like, "Dance" and you bend your knees a little to wiggle when you hear music. Sometimes you sing to us from your car seat. You've always been very vocal, constantly chatting to yourself as you move along. Your giggle is absolutely fantastic. It's one of the things I love most about you. It doesn't take much to make you smile or giggle and when you do it lights up your whole face with excitement and happiness and the cutest little scratchy giggle comes out. I can't keep from smiling when you're giggling. It's so great.
Tate, you are a very special boy. You bring so much light, happiness, and sweetness wherever you go. Your dad and I often talk about what a sweet kid you are. We think you are the best and most handsome little boy there is. We couldn't love you any more than we do.
I love you little man. You have made my life so much more fun and so much fuller than it was a year ago. You are a joy to be around and I am so proud to be your mother.
Happy One little Tate.
Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Aunt Debi said...

Beautiful letter Kim. I must agree that Tate is a wonderful, darling, sweet little boy. I hate having him change so much when we can't see his development. You and Glenn are wonderful parents! We are very happy for you and proud of you. Happy Birthday Tate.
We love you! Nana and Papa

Amanda and Miles said...

Wow, One already! What a fun age too.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday cute boy!!! Lets see some pics of you devouring that cake! ;)

Amberly said...

holy smokes, a year already?? happy birthday, little Tate! kim, this was so sweet- print a copy and stick it in his memory book. you are fantastic at enjoying the moments, thanks for your example!

The Hansen's said...

I agree, this letter is a treasure! He will love to read it as he gets older. You are such an awesome mommy, I love you so dearly and your two sweet boys. Happy Birthday Mr. Tate! You are my absolute favorite nephew! Loves and Kisses from Auntie Aubry

Katelyn & Wade said...

Gosh, that went fast! Good words, I feel like I know the little guy better after reading that. Here's to year 2!