About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shop 'Til You Drop

This past Saturday I had a booth at the Shop Til You Drop Maketplace in Cypress. It's about 40 minutes from our place and it was an amazing show. There was a huge arena and adjacent conference room full of booths.
I paid the most money I'd ever paid for a booth at a fair but it looked like it was a good fair and it was very well advertised so I thought I'd take a chance. It was amazing. I made my booth fee back in the first hour and was really busy all day long. I kept having to move things around and refold things to make my table look full. I made three times what I've made at even my best craft fair thus far. Here's a picture of my little booth space.
People loved the cute pictures of my little nieces modeling my infant and toddler skirts.

It was so much fun! It was great to sit at my little booth and have people shop and tell me that they love the things I make. It was such a boost and so nice to know that if I find the right venue I can really make a good deal of money on my little "Tate's naptime" hobby.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Good for you!!! Cute stuff too!

Joanie Harbor said...

that is so fun. you seriously make the cutest stuff!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

We almost did that show! Are you doing any others? Let me know!

Amy Mak said...

Oh I'm so impressed and I wish I was there!!!

Janelle said...

OOooh, love it. I'm so happy you have a fun hobby that you can make money off of. Way to go Kim!

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute! Fun for you! Wish I had a little talent (in that area anyway) :)

AM said...

how cool!!! way to be =o]