About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happenings

We've had a busy couple of weeks and I seriously must start getting caught up. Labor day was fun. Of course it was fun, Glenn got to be home with us! We decided to brave a trip to the beach. The weather was supposed to be perfect heat-wise, but very windy. Tate put his little dump truck down and it took off down the beach by itself. He laughed so hard chasing it all the way down the beach. Once he caught it he kept trying to position it in the right direction so the wind would blow it away and he could chase it again.We made the most of our windy beach morning. Tate loved diggin in the sand and chasing the sea gulls. I loved soaking up the sun without it being 100+ degrees outside, and Glenn took a brief swim.
Then it was back to work for Glenn and I did a bunch of sewing and prep work for a big craft fair I did on Saturday. I had high expectations because we did really well at this same one last year. This time it didn't go as well but it was still okay. We made some money, just not as much as I was hoping for. It was just sort of an off day. The booths next to us didn't sell much either. But I think our things are super cute. I had a friend who painted some darling nursery art and she didn't sell a single painting. I felt so bad. We did some trading when we were through and I ended up with this darling airplane painting which will be so so cute in Tate's new room. While I was at the fair Glenn and Tate drove up to Austin so Glenn could go to the UT vs. BYU football game. He's been so looking forward to seeing his two schools go at it. Unfortunately, the game didn't quite live up to his expectations either (BYU lost and didn't play terribly well), but I think he's still really glad he got to go. While Glenn was at the game our good friend Janelle watched Tate for us. Tate had been talking about playing with Tori and Lizzy all week. He sure loves those girls. They went to a park and Tate took a header off a swing and broke the fall with his bottom lip. Two of his teeth went right through his lip and ended up being loose for a couple of days. Poor Janelle had to deal with all the blood and gore AND felt so bad...but really, he's a boy. This will, I'm sure not be the last of the bloody episodes he has and I just feel bad she had to deal with it. It was kinda sweet actually. He'd whimper when he put anything in his mouth and even asked us, "Will you kiss inside my mouth?" because he knew our kisses could fix whatever hurt. I love that. It looked pretty gross on Sunday but it already looks tons better and his teeth are tightening right up.
I spent Saturday night all by myself while the boys stayed with the Cluffs in Austin. It was so odd and so nice at the same time. The first time I've been by myself for that long since Tate was born. It was strange and so quiet. I really kicked back. I watched Reign Over Me on TV. Has anyone seen that movie? I'd seen it a long time ago. It's really good. Who knew that Adam Sandler could actually act? Wow. So many specials on 9/11. So many thoughts and memories to ponder all night and morning by myself. Turns out you have lots of time to ponder when it's completely quiet in the house all by yourself.
Sunday was an emotional day. Remembering where I was and what I felt 10 years ago. The panic, the ache for the victims and their families, the fear that nothing would ever be the same. We sang patriotic hymns at church which had me choking back tears. We live in such a blessed country. It was humbling to reflect on all the blessings that we have because we live here and all of the good that came from that awful tragedy. The things we suddenly had in common and how the pain we all shared made us stronger and better somehow ... I wish it had lasted longer. It was a good reminder to recommit myself to being a better citizen, a better neighbor, a better person.
This week has been busy too. Putting things back together after the craft fair. House needs to be cleaned. Tate needs some real play time. Dinner should be cooked again. It feels good to be back in the swing of things.
I started three new piano students last week. I'm very excited to be teaching and having students come to my house is just wonderful. All three students come on Friday afternoons when Glenn is home (when he's in town) to play with Tate and all three students are little boys. Wowsers do they have energy. They're all very different and very busy. I'm constantly trying to be interesting enough to keep their attention on me just for a few more minutes. It's an interesting glimpse into my future.

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Who is this grown up little man you have in this blog post?!? Holy moley! I can't believe how much he grows and changes just in the little bit of time I don't see him. Such a handsome fellow. Sorry about his sweet lip, no fun. Hope you guys are doing good, I love you dearly!!

Amberly said...

tate is looking so big in these pictures! I'm sorry the fair wasn't super successful, but yes, your stuff is super darling! yea for new piano students, good luck with wiggly little boys!!