About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Success!

Potty training has turned a corner in a big way. I had serious doubts days 2 and 3 that this method was going to work for Tate. I wondered if he was old enough to tell us before he needed to go or if he could even recognize it himself. I was starting to feel panicked and trapped and also covered in urine. Now, a couple days later, he's been dry and clean for two days and even made it through the night last night without an accident!
We take him to the potty more often now, but he's also informed us 4 or 5 times that he needed to go and hasn't had a single accident in a two days. So either this method really is magic, or Tate's just brilliant. Or perhaps both! HA! I'm so excited for him! He's so proud of himself too. He gets it. He's happy and knows he's doing it right. It's so sweet. I'm certain he will still have accidents, but the fact that he really wants to keep his pants dry means that they will be less frequent (hopefully) and that is so awesome. Just plain awesome. I'm so proud of him.
It was a very rough few days because that method is intense and I was really tired. But now it's better and I'm glad it's over with! Way to go kiddo!
In other news, Glenn and I are going to a concert tonight. On a date. Tate is staying with a sitter for the first time. We've left him with other couples we're friends with who have kiddos of their own but this will be his first time with a sitter. One of my little beehives. I'm a little nervous...okay, I'm a lot nervous...but I've stressed about it all week long and I know I'm just being paranoid and I'm sure he'll be fine. And do you know what's better than going to see Matt Nathanson, Maroon 5 and Train? Going to see them for free!!! Glenn knows Matt and he's getting us tickets! I'm so excited. It's going to be a spectacular date night!

8 comments:

Amy Mak said...

Good work Mama. Your patience has paid. Hope you enjoyed that concert!

Debi said...

I'm so happy for Tato and you! This is a happy ending to a stressful week. Now you can be sure that he is as brilliant as we always thought. I still would like a picture of his cute little butt in big boy underpants though. Ha Way to go Tato!

Anonymous said...

UHHH LUCKY!!! Please take some...nono LOTS of pictures! I want to see! Well have fun sis! I love you

Lindsey said...

Congrats on the potty training! Sounds like Tate picked it up really well! YAY! I hope you and Glenn enjoyed the concert! Sounds like an awesome FREE date! I hope Tate did well with the babysitter. We are so lucky to live near family that we've never had to have a real sitter! I'm avoiding it as long as we can!

Croslands said...

Way to go Tate! I would also like to see a good old picture of his cute bottom in big boy pants!

Katelyn & Wade said...

So glad it's going well. Potty training I have decided is one the worst parenting responsibilities!

Janelle said...

OH.MY.GOSH! I am so jealous. I love Train and Maroon 5.

So glad the potty-training has been a success. What a relief, huh?

Michelle said...

Yay! Glad it went so well! :)