About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Sunday

Glenn's out of town this weekend. It's a real bummer being without him, but we try to stay busy and make the most of it. Sunday morning we went to the park. It was a beautiful morning. It's started to cool off a little in the mornings and I just keep holding my breath and soaking it in, sure that it's a joke and the heat will return tomorrow or next week.
Tate had a blast and I took a lot of pictures. Little man is so much fun right now. I'm loving every minute of him. He has very few grouchy days. He has grouchy mornings or afternoons occasionally, but for the most part he's been very pleasant lately and just plain fun to be around. He's constantly pretending to be different animals, talking all the time, and says the sweetest things. He does a lot of narrating what he's doing and it's pretty funny.
Tate calls these "music notes". I guess they look a little like music notes."Mom, I'm standing on this music note. I'm being VERY careful."

"Mom, look at me! I'm a rangatang! Oo oo oo ah ah ah"

"Mom, can you find me two drum sticks to play these drums?"

Sometimes being a mom is tiring and I worry about little boy #2. Okay, so fairly often I wonder and worry what having 2 will be like. Am I ready? Is there any way to be ready? Will Tate adjust well? Will he still know that I love him to pieces? Am I going to feel like a terrible mom while trying to pull it together and figure it all out, knowing full well that the process took a good long time last time? Then he smiles and laughs like this

And I'm reminded that worrying will only get me so far...no where, that is. And I just enjoy this time with this little face.

Tate has a Nanna who loves (read: spoils) him and sent him a few instruments as potty training motivation. The drums are a big hit. They all are, actually. There should be videos. I'll get on that. He spent a good deal of conference giving the prophet, apostles, and the MoTab some accompaniment on the drums.

"Mom, look at me, I'm a walrus!"

"I'm giving my drum set a BIG hug!"

And for those who requested an underpants picture, here you are. Seriously, how darling are tiny little underpants buns? Love it. Potty training is still going strong. Most days if I pay close attention and keep reminding him he can be dry all day. He lasts most nights and naps too. Every once in a while we have a bad day but he is really trying. Sweet little guy.

6 comments:

Debi said...

Thanks for the new pictures. Tato looks so darling. I'm glad he is doing better on the potty. It makes for fast trips to the store but he'll get the hang of it. At least you can get out to the park and playground. XO Mom

The Hansen's said...

His sweet smile melts my heart! I just adore him so much. You are a beyond amazing mother and you are going to be equally amazing with this next little man. I admire you and love you so much! Miss you like mad!
Love ... me :)

Unknown said...

Underpants day...love it when that happens!! Of course, you won't get much of a reprieve. I sound like an "old lady" but enjoy these days, they really do fly. :)

Katelyn & Wade said...

He is hysterical! Walrus? Rangatang? So funny! And may I had my admiration of underpants buns? They're basically impossibly not to pinch.

Amy Mak said...

Yes, underpants bums are so cute! What a smart little Tatey...and you'll be a wonderful mom to both boys. Love grows :)

Croslands said...

i love the underpants pictures. yep, nothing cuter. thank you.