About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Picture Wednesday and an update

We started feeing Finn rice cereal this week.  I wish that Glenn was here when I fed him the first time so I could have got it on film.  He just kept looking up at me while I was feeding him and absolutely beaming at me like he was saying, "Where has this been? This is amazing!"  He kept moaning "Mmmmm" and his shaking hands kept trying to grab the bowl and pull it in.  Once I let him get ahold of it to see what he'd do.  He pulled it in and bowed his head right into it like he was trying to dive into the stuff.  Hilarious.  A very different reaction that Tate when we first started to feed him baby food.  Tate kept gagging and heaving as soon as it touched his lips.  Good times.  I can't wait to see Finn's reaction when we get around to feeding him something that actually tastes good!
Here's our little babe at 25 weeks old.  Babies in bucket hats.  I love summer time.
Glenn's been out of town all week in North Dakota monitoring some coring.  He found it fascinating and enjoyed it quite a bit in spite of the very little sleep and bad food all week.  We're very glad he's home.  While he was there his rash kept getting worse.  He was in horrible pain that went down to his muscles and he said it felt like they were tearing every time he'd move.  So he finally went to a clinic up there and found out he has Shingles.  I've never in my life known anyone who had Shingles, so I had no idea what that meant.  Apparently it's the chicken pox virus and can live dormant in nerve cells until triggered by something and then manifests itself as shingles which causes an area of pain, muscle and skin sensitivity and blisters.  Sounds wonderful, eh?  The Dr. thinks the bed bug bites could have triggered it in some way, or more likely, stress.  He also said that given the area affected, it's likely that the radiation treatment Glenn had a few years ago weakened the immunities in that particular nerve cell and made it susceptible to the virus.  Glenn's on a bunch of antibiotics and is feeling much better.  The bad news is that once you have it, you have it for life and it could possibly flare up again and again.  Let's hope it never comes back, poor guy.

Luckily, we've had no more incidences with bedbugs.  No bites on the kids or I, no evidence that we brought them home at all which is beyond wonderful!  That would have been so horrible.  So thanks for those who added us to your prayers so that we might dodge that bullet.   My goodness, I'm so very glad we don't have to deal with that mess.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my word, can Finny get any cuter?? I can't believe how darling he is when is smiles. If he is that excited when he eats that yucky rice cerial, I want to be around when he is introduced to donuts. I'm so glad the medicine is helping Glenn. I've heard Shingles are so painful. Poor boy. See you tomorrow!

Amy Mak said...

Cute pics and poor Glenn! I've heard that's so painful!