About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Picture Wednesday

I have to start this post by saying how much I love blogging.  I love that I can journal in a quick and easy way that doesn't feel overwhelming to me.  I can document my little family life in as much detail as I want, with pictures!  And I can write about my thoughts, my hopes, my concerns, and my insanely frustrating moments, and having written them down, they feel better.  Lighter.  Dealt with somehow.  I'm able to package them up in my mind and not worry about having to remember the sweet moments I never want to forget because I've written them down.  I'm also able to laugh about the crazy moments because I get to take a step back as I record them and realize, they were pretty darn funny.
And one more thing I love about blogging: it helps me feel connected to all of my friends and family who read it.  It's an instant help line when I post something I'm struggling with.  And I absolutely love that.  I don't see many of my extended family members often and I love that through blogging I can keep up with what they're doing, and they can keep up with my family too.  And they can give me support and advice when I need it most because they know just what I'm going through by checking my blog once in a while.  Thanks so much for all the supportive comments.  Seriously, it's so great to hear, from several people, that my little guy is not losing his mind.  He's just 3 and a lot of other people have the same problems with their kiddos.  I really appreciated all the sweet comments and even a phone call from my mother-in-law today with some great tips of what she did to help Glenn through the same stuff.  Turns out Glenn used to be a super stress case, and now look at him.  There aren't many people more laid back than my honey.  So, odds are that Tate will not always be a total nutcase every time he has to decide anything.  That's great news.  I know he's going to be fine.  But it's sometimes hard to know that in the moment, when he's screaming at me, or peeing on me.  So many good stories in this phase and thanks to this here blog, I'll record them all.  Dear me.  Thanks everyone.  I sure love you.
Aaaaand without further ado, here's picture Wednesday.  The boys and I braved an outing to the children's museum tonight with some of our dear friends from Austin who just moved here.  (The evening deserves a post of its' own but that will have to wait.  I'm tired.)  I had Janelle take a picture of Finn and I.  I can probably count on one hand the number of pictures of me that have been taken since Finny was born so I figured we should make it happen this week.  Let it be known that I exist and love my boys.  Here is a bit of photographic evidence.
Little Finn at 27 weeks old.

We had his 6 month appointment today. He did great for his shots.  So many shots in those poor squishy thighs.  He beamed at the nurse as she came in with her tray of shots and she said, "Oh I wish he wouldn't be so happy to see me.  It makes my job much harder!"  Sorry, that's just the kind of kid he is.
Here are his 6 month stats:
Height: 26.5, 50th percentile
Weight: 18 lbs, 50th percentile
I was pretty surprised by his percentiles and decided, yet again, to put very little stock in them.  I love my chunky little baby.  It's going to be really sad when he starts crawling soon and starts to thin out.  I could squish his squishy parts all day long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,you look absolutely beautiful in that picture with Finny! ...That's my sister everyone!! :)

Amberly said...

my heck, I hope my baby is as cute as finny- he is darling!!