About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Wow

A tantrum morning for the record books.  Here are the highlights:

  • Angry that I couldn't get him gold fish "right now, right now!" because I was feeding Finn.
  • Angry that he was put on time out on the stairs instead of the chair.  "I want to go to time out on the chair!"
  • Getting in the car to go to a swimming pool to meet my visiting teachers for our monthly visit.  I asked him to hurry and get in his car seat (he was moving very slowly).  Then I asked if he wanted me to help him and he said yes.  So I helped him.  Then he yelled and cried all the way to the pool because he changed his mind and didn't want help.  "I want to do it by myself.  Get me back down.  I do not want help."
  • Swimming at the pool was fine...until it was time to go.  Lots of screaming because he didn't want to go yet.  Time out, followed by one of those amazing blood curdling screams.  I bopped his lips and told him not to make that awful noise.  Then he started screaming, "My mom hit my mouth!" over and over.  Lots of folks staring at this point.
  • He calmed down after a while and we started to walk out then he changed his mind and started to run away from me around the pool.  I chased him down and put him back on time out.  
  • My visiting teachers came over to help me get out to the car.  One of them pushed Finn in the stroller while I carried Tate.  Tate starts yelling, "She's stealing my baby!"  
  • No, Tate.  She's not stealing him, she's helping me because you've lost your temper.  "I want my temper back!  Get me my temper back!"  
  • I explained to Tate that losing your temper means that you're angry and frustrated.  Didn't matter.  He still wanted it back!  So do I, Tate.  So do I.  
  • Aaaaand then he had an accident.  All down my side.  He was soaked and upset that his flip flops were wet.  "There's pee on my flip flops.  I want them to be clean!"  Seriously, when I started to feel warm down my side I just put him down and doubled over laughing thinking, "you must be kidding me."
Good times, this morning.  Good times.  Funny thing is, we got home and had lunch and stories without an incident.  He was fine again.  Of course, right now he's refusing his nap and yelling in his bed.  But there was a normal moment in there for a bit.  Please bless this is just a crazy crazy phase.  And also that it will pass very soon.  Glenn's gone for a few days and I'm not sure what he's going to come back to.  He really was pretty great for a three year old until 2 weeks ago.  Where did my little sweetheart boy go?  I want him back.

7 comments:

Meag said...

"My mom hit my mouth!" Oh Tate, that one hit below the belt.

Have I ever mentioned that I think you are a spectacular Mommy? Seriously, you appear to have boundless patience. Hope Tate gets back to himself soon!!

The Hansen's said...

I agree, you are so patient and loving. If it makes you feel any better we are doing the same thing with Sadie right now. She is seriously out of control. She screams and screams, we've been trying to have a nap for an hour. Same stuff happened yesterday at church. Maybe Tate just postponed his terrible 2's a year?
I love you, hang in there you are an awesome mom!!

Amberly said...

deep breaths. honestly, sometimes it's the only thing that keeps us sane. I must apologize though... I did start laughing at one point- I know it's not funny in the moment, and maybe not even later to you, but I did it, I laughed out loud. sometimes I tell my angels that they need to take over because I'm simply done. hang in there!!

Unknown said...

Oh, we all have those "Wow" days. Someday you will both look back and giggle...some day. :)

Krista Hegstrom said...

Just LOVE it when stuff like that happens! Not so much! You're doing amazing just remember that! I guess the good news is that means you have a normal 3 year old who is developing his brain correctly! :)

Leslie Jacobs said...

I've been there!! I read an article once that said childrens' behaviour changes around each half year mark. They go through phases, and then they're fine again. Hopefully this phase will pass soon!!

Tamra said...

I love this post. The end!