About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

One of Tate's favorite books is "Where the Wild Things Are."  He could quote the entire book when he was not quite 2 and still just loves it.  One night recently we were reading it and we got to the end where Max gets back to his very own room and finds his supper waiting for him.  Tate has this new habit of grabbing things out of the book as we're reading it.  He takes animals to hold, food, and other fun things from the pictures and pretends that he is playing with them.  So at the end of the book he started grabbing the supper and said, "Mom, I'm grabbing the Night Max's cake.  And the Night Max's soup."  I thought about it for a second and then pointed to a picture of Max and asked, "Tate, who is this?"  He said, "That's the Night Max mom."  Aaaaahh.  I see.  
To Tate, the first sentence of the book is not saying, "The evening that Max wore his wolf suit...."  It says, "The Night Max wore his wolf suit."  So when he was looking through a catalog one day and saw a "Night Max" costume, we knew what he was going to be for Halloween this year.  
 I'm really glad we found it and that he was super excited about wearing it because prior to this discovery he wanted to be a crocodile...well, not just any crocodile.  He wanted to be "the crocodile from Peter Pan with a window in my tummy so that people can see the clock that I swallowed."  Right. How am I supposed to do that?  This was much easier and Tate was thrilled every time he got into his Night Max costume.  He loved his crown, his tail, his terrible claws.  It was all just so cool!
We had the ward trunk-or-treat last night, went to Glenn's work for lunch in costume today, and then of course, trick-or-treating tonight.  It took a bit of explaining when Tate told people he was the Night Max, when asked.  Though, I was surprised how many people recognized his costume.  It was really fun to see him so excited about his costume.  He never wanted to take it off and even wanted to wear the whole get up in the car to drive to Glenn's office.
I loved the tail hanging out of the car seat.  I hope we can find costumes every year that he is this thrilled with.  It made the whole day so much more exciting.
Luckily little Finny was pretty indifferent to the whole thing.  Costume?  No costume?  No matter.  We found this little puppy costume for Finny.  We just thought it was cute and the little tongue sticking out seemed appropriate.  Then we remembered this picture...
And thought maybe they do go together after all.  Poor sweet unsuspecting Finny.
Here is our Night Max showing off his Wild Thing treat bucket and roaring his terrible roar.  
 It was a great Halloween.  Both boys were happy and sweet all day.  We went trick-or-treating for about 20 minutes and then Tate said, "Mom, my bag is sooooo heavy.  We should probably go home."  Well, all right then.  Easy peasy.
And here's our little puppy Finny's picture Wednesday at 45 weeks old!
 Hope your wild rumpus was as great as ours!  Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Meag said...

Wow. Tate is SO perceptive. Sign him up for Harvard (for real). Glad you had a wonderful Halloween!

Katelyn & Wade said...

SO cute!! I love that book too. Awhile ago while I was looking up bday party ideas for Bode I came across the CUTEST Where the Wild Things Are themed party. You have to check it out. I think I found it on Hostess with the Mostess...I'll look for it and send you the link.

Amy Mak said...

Oh I love that Night Max - esp. sitting in a car seat - hilarious. I bet Glenn loves Night Max too; isn't that his favorite book? Great post. Um. I'm really going to miss you at Thanksgiving :(

Lindsay said...

I love how great the costume is! So cute.

Janelle said...

What catalog did you find the costume in? I absolutely love it! So perfect for little Tate.