About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Picture Wednesday and some quotes

Picture Wednesday, Finn at 43 weeks old
 Look who finally has just a little skiff of very blond hair!  Finn is getting more and more wiggly.  He never was one for snuggling into my shoulder or on my lap, but he's even less likely to snug lately.  Tate used to collapse into my shoulder when I sang to him before naps or bed time, but not Finn.  He sits straight up, looking around the room, and just smiling away until I lay him down to sleep.  Silly boy.  Church is getting to be more difficult because he is pretty unhappy sitting with us in class.  Poor sweet kid just wants to play!

Tate's come up with a few good quotes lately and I thought I'd write them down in one place:

- Tate is rather vocal while doing his business on the toilet.  He keeps us informed about his progress and the size of his business, etc.  Yesterday, I heard this gem, "Mom, that poop looks just like a seahorse!"  Well, that is just great, Tate.

- "Mom, when I was at Nanna's house, I told Cheyenne that I went to the potty and she was SO proud of me!"  (Cheyenne is Nanna's kitty.)

- "Oh look, there's a mommy poop and a baby poop!  That's SO cute!"

- Tate asked me to pick him up at the store so I picked him up and spun him around in a circle.  He gave me a big hug and said, "Well, thank you for that!"

- After watching an episode of Wild Kratts we had this conversation:
   T: Mom, a peregrine falcon is a really fast bird.
   Me: Is it the fasted bird in the world?
   T:  No no, Mom.  It's the fastest bird on the planet!
So glad we cleared that up.

- T: Mom, daddy long leg spiders are nice, aren't they?
  Me: Yeah Tate, they're nice spiders.  I think they eat pests that hurt our garden.
  T: Is it going to eat the bunnies?  Oh no.  It couldn't fit in its' mouth.

- "Maybe when I'm done with this jelly bean I could have the brown one.  Does that sound like a good idea?"

- After a discussion about how the flowers on our zucchini plant will grow into zucchini which we can cook in things like zucchini bread, Tate saw some flowers in our back yard and said, "Maybe those pink flowers will grow into banana bread!"

- At church Tate saw a little girl playing with some toys that looked fun a few rows in front of us.  He said, very politely, "May you excuse me for one minute to go up there?  That would be all right, wouldn't it?"

- After asking him to come several times and getting after him for not obeying the first time he said, "But mom, one time we were at the store and you asked me to come just one time and I OBEYED!"  Well, that's wonderful, but could we do that more often?

- While perusing the pages of his little National Geographic kids magazine, "Mom, don't interrupt me.  I'm reading my favorite magazine."

4 comments:

Debi said...

OK, that just makes me smile. Tate is so cute.

The Hansen's said...

I love your sweet boys so much I can't even stand it!! Finn doesn't even look like the same little boy he's so grown up!

Ken and Meag said...

Oh Tate. Oh Finn. So darn cute! I love those quotes & I feel you on the wiggly babe, Parker is on the move these days, too! We sure miss y'all, too!! So happy that you are having fun in CO & have great friends to hang out with who live close!

Krista Hegstrom said...

I wish all flowers grew into banana bread or cookies... I like Tate's world! Finn is so darling too!