About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh Matthew.

Glenn and I went to our first UT football game last weekend. That was a story in itself. But anyway, Matthew McConaughey was there, as he apparently is at every UT game, and they offered a chance to go to the premiere of his new movie on the jumbo screen if you texted in. My husband, excited as always by the chance to get anything free, texted in 15 times. He won the tickets and we got to go to the big premiere in downtown Austin this past Wednesday night.
I drove downtown after I got off of work and arrived at the theater just in time to see Woody Harrelson and Matthew arriving at the theater. I had a really lousy day at work. I barely fought back the tears as I was trying to find a place to park in the city. I drove down one too many one-way streets in the wrong direction and had been shouted at by one too many seasoned Texan drivers in the process (I'm sorry lady but I REALLY don't understand how to drive in your city!)...and yet when I saw this "movie star" about 6 feet away from me I couldn't contain a girly smile and a little giggle of excitement. It was like my whole awful day hadn't happened.
I'm not a huge McConaughey fan. I thought "How to lose a guy in 10 days" was a cute movie but other than that, I don't really know or love a lot of his work. But there I was, grinning like a school girl in the presence of this celebrity. Is it just cool that I know his name and can say that I've seen him and witnessed his cuteness and sweatiness first hand? He is very sweaty by the way. I mean HUGE sweat tacos when the man lifts his arms. I walked down the line of cameras as he did his interviews and snapped some pictures while crazy older ladies around me with much too much of their chests exposed reached over me taking as many pictures as they could and shouting at him. I'm glad that they were there to make me look less dorky because I really couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It was kind of fun to get this flash back of my inner giddy school girl. Does that make me an enormous dork?

Woody Harrelson
It almost looks like he was looking at me right?
Pix with the main squeeze.
This one's for you Mal. Those sweaty pits are even more sweaty in person!

2 comments:

Croslands said...

Yes oh yes! I can't believe you're not that much of a fan. He is oh so hot and I am jealous. But certainly happy for you that you made it.

The Hansen's said...

I can't believe you guys won those tickets! That is so fun! Props to Glenn for going for it! I must admit I would have been all smiles as well; he is quite easy to look at! Wowzer! What movie is it? Did you like it?
SO VERY FUN!
Oh, but sorry about the drive, I hate to drive in SLC so I can't imagine there :(