About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, here's our home! It's wonderful. It has a big family room, three bedrooms, an awesome living room and a great kitchen. My parents and little sister came out after we made the drive to help us put our house together. They spent almost 3 days with us helping unpack and get things in their place. They even helped unload the piano from the moving truck which was much more stressful for me than everyone else. Everything got inside with no collateral damage! Considering the very long trip, that was quite a relief. It felt much more like our home by the time they had to leave. It was still sucky when they had to leave mind you, but it was easier because it felt like our place.

My dad and Glenn, trying to fit our closet organizer into their little rental car. They were both very good sports with all of the necessary shopping those few days. I'm pretty sure my dad was buiding up a nice sized migraine the entire trip.
Mackers chilling with our little Rosie in the babe's future room where she stayed with mom and dad. She was a great help and had a lot of fun with Rosie and her Nintendo DS.
This is the family room. The kitchen is through the opening at the back and then the living room is through those pretty doors. Hopefully that is where I will be teaching piano lessons eventually.
The kitchen, obviously.
I think this is my favorite part of the house, today at least. The built in book cases with all of my books and fun stuff are just so cute!
We're so lucky to have such a wonderful house to live in during grad school. It will be so nice to have a place to have friends over and it just feels like the perfect place to bring our little babe home!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, cute little place! Fun for you guys. Hope you enjoy TX, you know Debbi's there right? I'm sure you do. I think she's a couple hours away from Austin, but that's close than 22 hours! What a cute house. Good job you guys! I love the blog thing. Such a fun way to stay in touch! Steph

Croslands said...

Fantastico! Can't wait to check up on you everyday. You know it has really helped me keep my spirits up and gives me things to do and think about.

The best advice I received from someone was to do it often. It's a great way to journal/scrapbook your life. You'll love it more and more.

The Hansen's said...

I love it! So very cute and I admit it, I am a blog stalker and I will be checking in often to see what is up! I agree with aunt jane, it makes me happy to feel close to you even though you are forever away! Your house is adorable! How fun is that, YOUR house!

The Hunt's said...

Wahoo! A blog, a safe arrival in Texas AND a baby! Yay! Congratulations on all of the above! You guys are in for a great adventure!

PS-my mom brought me one of your car seat covers when she came... LOVE IT! Use it all the time, get all sorts of compliments and am so glad I have an etsy site to refer everyone too now!

Aunt Debi said...

Well, I love that you have a blog just so I can keep up on not just you and Glenn but all my nieces & nephews and their families. So fun! Your house is adorable. Anymore visits from yittle yizzards?
Mom