About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Payday.

Big day. I got my first paycheck from Janie and Jack. It's not much, but it's more than nothing and at this point that's awesome! Try to ignore my lack of waist in this picture. I do.

Driving around here we see a lot of homeless people. They're on every corner and intersection with their signs asking for money. Most of their signs are pretty standard pleas for money, "What would Jesus do?", "Hungry children at home, please help." I don't think I've ever given money to a homeless person from my car before. Today on the way home from work we had to give this guy some change we had in our car because he had a whole stack of signs that said really funny things and he was flipping through them. Glenn and I were busting up in the car. Here are a few of our favorites:

  • I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  • Wife and children killed by a ninja. Saving for karate lessons.

  • Why live in a $200,000 home when you can live under a $2 million dollar bridge?

  • Wife at home with PMS and a hand gun. Must bring home the bacon.

  • Road rage? Yell at a homeless man for 50 cents O.B.O.

You gotta give that man some credit for creativity.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats awesome! I'd pay him too. When we were in Vegas, I used to keep McDonald gift certificates in my car. I hated giving money because of the habits I felt like I was supporting. I guess I thought supporting a Big Mac & Fries binge was okay. :-)

Croslands said...

Okay, I love that he was creative. I bet he makes a good amount of money just for being entertaining.

I can't believe you have your first check. It doesn't seem like you've lived there long enough. Oh how time is going to fly.

Kristen Parker said...

KECHNIE!!!!! you didnt tell me you had a blog!!!!! i had to see it on kRistas!! but you are so cute! and i am so happy that you are happy!!! we miss you so so so sosossosoosos much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should look at my blog at kristenparker.blogspot.com ok!!!! well i will look at yours all the time i miss you so much and love you!!!!! see ya!
_ _ kristen :D

The Hansen's said...

Kimmy you look fantastic, no worries there! Congrats on the paycheck; my paid-time-off just ran out and 2 weeks left, yes! I must give that man credit, I would have been bustin' up too. I love hearing from you and seeing pictures, it makes me happy!

Lindsey Alyson Bills said...

OH MY GOSH!!! i didn't know you had a blog!?!?!?! it's lindsey, (in case you've already forgotten me!! haha) oh my gosh i miss you so much! you should check out my blog at lindseykaracamille.blogspot.com!!! luv ya! ~Lindsey Bills

Lindsey Alyson Bills said...

haha, it's lindsey...again. just to let you know, my email is byu_cougar_love468@hotmail.com, so email me!!!!

Christina Pratt said...

Christina pratt
hey it is great to see how you are doing we have missed you so much and i often find myself thinking about how i ruined your life last year, Kristen told us you were expecting and that you dream about us, this is really weird... but i guess that i sometimes dream about you to. Your email won't go through for me so i can't email you. this is prabably a relief for you but this is what i wanted to so any way.

Unknown said...

MRS.MAKECHNIE!!!
i didnt know you had a blog either and i had to find out about it from kristen! i am so happy for you but miss ya tons. oh yeah i almost forgot. i did a singing competition at the scera theater and won to finals and sang with the band boys 2 men. i am on youtube if you want to check it out. again i miss you and hope to see you soon. see ya

Unknown said...

oh yeah one more thing
my email is aubreyat@gmail.com
so email me if you get a spare moment please. thanks again!!!!

JordAnn Alldredge said...

Hay!!!!!!!!
this is JordAnn & Loriel we miss you a bunch Mrs. Hansen will take some geting use to. e-mail us at JordAnnSue@aim.com
loriel.brown@yahoo.com