About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Quirkiness of me!

Aubry thought it would be a good idea for me to share 6 of my quirks with the world. I'm not so sure but here they are anyway:
1. I'm a little OCD about a few things. One of the things that bothers me is the radio volume in the car. I have to have it at specific volume levels. The volume number has to be an even number or multiples of 5. It doesn't totally drive me nuts, but if Glenn just turns up the volume and it lands on number 33 I change it to 32 because 33 is a wierd number and I don't like it. Pretty scary huh?
2. I'm weird about chicken too. Glenn used to think I was totally nuts for throwing away so many little pieces of chicken as I was preparing it. To me, if a piece has a little red vein through it, it's contaminated. I also can't stand biting into meat and feeling the little tendon bits. If I hit some sort of odd texture in my bit of meat it's all bad. It makes me gag and I'm done with meat for the day. It's been even worse the last 6 months. Meat is very dangerous territory for me at the moment.
3. I always read in bed before I go to sleep. It doesn't matter if we've been driving all night and I fell asleep in the car. When I get into bed I have to read just a page or two before I get to sleep.
4. I'm nervous about speaking in public but I can teach a class of a hundred students and perform in a play in front of a thousand people without feeling the least bit scared. I especially don't like to speak in church.
5. I am not very brave about trying new foods. Less because they make me nervous and I am afraid I'll hate them, and more because I know what foods I like and I don't really care to try something new, and spend money on it, if there's a chance I won't like it. I just prefer to stick with the dishes that I've tried and I always like. That way I'm always happy!
6. Whenever I have a treat that has different colors I divide them up into piles of each color. Then I eat them in order of color. The ones I like the most or maybe just the colors I like the most are saved til last. I know it's silly, but I have this thing about saving the best for last. It gets on my nerves just a little when Glenn eats the "best" ones of whatever or the "best" part of the dessert when I'm purposely eating around it to save it for last. Then I realize that I'm the one who's being silly and I get over it really quickly.

Wow, I'm a freak. Thanks Aub for this frightening journey into my quirkiness.
I tag Katelyn and Jennie Woodard. We haven't heard from Jennie in way too long. I'm not sure if either of you will see this but there it is.

5 comments:

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

I see the tag, Sorry I haven't updated I'll get right on that and the tag.
Love you

The Hansen's said...

Love it Kim! Thanks for the insights. I am glad I'm not the only one who is crazy about chicken parts :)
Love ya, Love ya!

Krista Hemsley said...

so, i am basically the exact same way. like with everything you just said! especially the dividing up colors with like m&m's, or skittles. i save the best for last! or i make sure there is one of each color, take the rest, eat them, then eat them in rainbow order. it's weird i know. i guess we are both quirky!

The Hunt's said...

oh, what is worse than a chewy chicken part in your mouth?? NOTHING! sick! i will start coming to terms with my quirks...and post them I suppose!

Croslands said...

That was fun. Some of them I knew about you but others I didn't. I laughed out loud when I read about the radio volume.